Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

knocking sound in back when making left turns

Old 10-16-2008, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knocking sound in back when making left turns

Ok here is the deal, just recently I had LCA brakcets welded on the Moser rear and then tubular adjustable LCA put on. Everything seemed fine.
Went to the track, and that night on the way home I heard a knocking sound from the back, when went over bumps so I thought.
So put the car up, made sure everything was tight, one of the adjustable bolts was loose on the driver side Adj LCA, so I tightened it up. Seemed like the knocking sound went away. Also it seemed the noise happened when I had a small child in the back seat, 40lbs or so.

Anyway, it started doing it again yesterday when I had him in the car and only when making left turns.

I have the car up now, nothing is loose, shocks and springs are fine. Not sure what can be causing this noise.

In the back I have the SAM strano lowering springs, Koni adj shocks, adj panhard rod, adju LCA, LCA brackets, moser 12 bolt

Anyone experience this problem before???

Thanks

Sam
Old 10-16-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the problem, Im almost positive its just bad bushings for my LCA, but you have some more extensive mods done, but might wanna check that out.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, my thought is that you have a bad bushing either in the lca's or your panhard bar. Also check your torque arm bolts they tend to loosen up on aftermarket rears. If you want to give me a call we can try to help you out with your problem.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: knocking sound in back when making left turns