Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rattles in the back

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Rattles in the back

I added LCA's and tokico adjustable shocks to get rid of my wheel hop. The problem is that my car sound as if something is loose in the back with every single bump in the road. Is this normal? I've tightened everything. The tokico shocks said not to overtighten up top though.. I did notice that my factory shock rubber bushings were compressed when they came off. I didn't tighten my tokico's until they smushed. Is this the answer? Any help will do
Old 10-19-2008, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

Tighten the lca's to atleast 75ft lbs if not more...cant say much about the shocks
Old 10-20-2008, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RealLiveMD
I added LCA's and tokico adjustable shocks to get rid of my wheel hop. The problem is that my car sound as if something is loose in the back with every single bump in the road. Is this normal? I've tightened everything. The tokico shocks said not to overtighten up top though.. I did notice that my factory shock rubber bushings were compressed when they came off. I didn't tighten my tokico's until they smushed. Is this the answer? Any help will do

I would tighten the shocks until the rubber bushing is at least partially compressed odds are this is your problem.....
Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, just finished f..kin up both shocks by overtightening. Still same problem. I'm damn tired of this car. I'm just going to throw in a G5X4 and make it a weekend warrior.