Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ABS question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ABS question?

I have a 93 Formula LT1 6 speed and I have an ABS problem!

First off my ABS doesn't work! and sometimes my ABS INOP light will flash or stay on while I'm driving and then sometimes my ABS will kinda work under hard braking( not often ) but other wise it absolutely wont work.

So can someone please give me some ideas as to why this is happening!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be willing to bet that your EBTCM is messing up. That little jewel controls your abs system along with traction control ( if you have it). It sits on the front side of the abs pump and has a pretty large wiring plug going to it. You might get it checked out to see if thats the problem
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

What you're experiencing is quite common and has been discussed on the boards quite a bit. There are many factors which could contribute to your situation. Without going into repetitiveness, I'd highly suggest searching using the word "ABS" or similar. You may find some areas that you can consider troubleshooting.

As most find, this can be a very tedious and many times cost prohibitive option with little to zero gains for work/time involved.

There are plus and minus's to retaining ABS. You need to consider whether it is important enough for you to retain. If you feel it is an option you can live without or improve drivability for your situation, we do have an ABS delete kit that completely removes ABS from your car so you do not have to worry about tire/wheel combinations or other alterations that hinder ABS functionality or normal drivability. Kits start at 139.99 and for your particular vehicle can be viewed at http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_brk_lt1.html

Good luck!

Quick Reply: ABS question?