Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Intermittent hard pull under braking

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Intermittent hard pull under braking

Occasionally (twice over the past two years) I've had the car - 98 Z28 - veer hard right under braking.

Unfortunately, the most recent time I was trying to avoid getting hit by some moron who apparently wanted in my lane more than I did, and ended up in the concrete barrier.

Before I start trying to fix the damage caused, I really should get to the bottom of the brake issue.

My guess would be an intermittent failure of the driver's side front ABS sensor where it occasionally reports wheel lock when there isn't any, or an issue with the ABS box losing pressure in that line -- although I'd expect some sort of warning light in either of these cases.

Does this sound feasible? Anyone have any experience with a similar issue, or troubleshooting suggestions? I have not tried using a multimeter on the sensor; with the problem occurring months apart I don't know that it'd be that definitive of a test but I'm definitely willing to try.

Thanks for any input.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Teching In

Anyone?
Old 10-25-2008, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Tire pressures, Caliper issue possibly, sensor as you stated. Good luck finding and correcting the problem.