Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just got these today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just got these today!

Fed Ex dropped these off today. Can't wait to get em on. I gotta call Sam for "setup info" though. I'll probably put the rears on mysaelf, but since i dont have a spring compressor ill probably end up taking it to a shop for the fronts.
pic is of the rears and the fronts are in the box on bottom. Koni 4/3s
Old 11-01-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Junkie

You can always take out the coilover assembly and bring it to the shop and just have them do the compressing portion for you. Might be a little cheaper. Just make sure you have them line up the little window in the front so you can adjust them on the car.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by z28bryan
You can always take out the coilover assembly and bring it to the shop and just have them do the compressing portion for you. Might be a little cheaper. Just make sure you have them line up the little window in the front so you can adjust them on the car.
x2 !

Also the rears are a EASY install!
Just back the car up on ramps, unbolt the top, then the bottom, and pull them out. And most likely you'll be setting them on full soft. Then install is reverse order.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Yea i've heard some guys say theirs werent lined up right and it was a real pain. So i will definitely be sure to tell who ever does it.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

I did the install on all four (with the help of a friend). Its not too bad on the fronts. I would really consider getting springs if you have gone this far. It will only set you back another 250 or so. Get Strano springs if he has them in stock. Also, Autozone is your friend. You can rent spring compressors and pickle forks to get the front done. Its not too bad. It can be a little intimidating but if I can do it, so can anybody else. Just make sure you research it on sites like ls1howto.com, and this site. Patience is your friend as well. Good luck, and for the record, i set my koni rears to full soft.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
x2 !

Also the rears are a EASY install!
Just back the car up on ramps, unbolt the top, then the bottom, and pull them out. And most likely you'll be setting them on full soft. Then install is reverse order.
Yea ive done shocks before. replaced them on my 92 camaro when i was going to Vocational school for Auto technology. however 3rd gens have a modified mcpherson strut setup in front. No spring compressing needed.
when i had my pro-kit and bilsteins installed, i took my car to 'Cartoyz' in Pleasantville. They charged me 400 for the install and an alignment. Ill probably go there again.
And probably a dumb question but, will i need an alignment after the front shock install?
Old 11-01-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tuffguy610
I did the install on all four (with the help of a friend). Its not too bad on the fronts. I would really consider getting springs if you have gone this far. It will only set you back another 250 or so. Get Strano springs if he has them in stock. Also, Autozone is your friend. You can rent spring compressors and pickle forks to get the front done. Its not too bad. It can be a little intimidating but if I can do it, so can anybody else. Just make sure you research it on sites like ls1howto.com, and this site. Patience is your friend as well. Good luck, and for the record, i set my koni rears to full soft.
I already have his rear springs. I still have my pro-kit fronts. I actually kinda like them. theyre nice for my DD. And i dont think Strano sells his springs seperately. only full sets.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

If your not changing the ride height up front, you shouldn't need a front end alignment, at most maybe have the toe adjusted.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

So where do you guys that DD your cars have the fronts adjusted?

Quick Reply: Just got these today!