Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

EBC YELLOWS and CENTRIC BRAKE DISC ROTORS installed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EBC YELLOWS and CENTRIC BRAKE DISC ROTORS installed.

So the Z needed some new brakes and I was on a budget. No need to overspend for fancy rotors... I ordered centric brake disc rotors from www.racepages.com great price and fast shipment. GREAT QUALITY ROTOR. Also got the new 1793 yellow compound from EBC for front and back from Andy Freeman of EBC, thanks for your help .

I took it easy for first few miles as rotors and pads were new. After intitial easy driving and cooling off I did some hard stops. WOW these brakes work! I was very satisfied with the braking power from the pads. Definitely overpowered the stock abs and huge improvement over the oem zo6 pads. On hard braking the abs would jump in but there is definitely a feel before you get the abs to come on. This was on a street tire with some R tires it would be ideal. The initial bite is pretty much the same (already had plenty bite) because I am running oem style rotors (no slots or drilling). But after that, the more you brake the harder she will stop. I like that feel, as I dont want a very aggressive initial bite that will throw off the balance of the car. I did multiple high speed stops from 140+ and did not experience any fade. This is a street track car and I feel this pad choice is perfect, for me at least. Also when the pads are cold they still brake good, with some heat the braking gets MUCH better though. The pads do dust which is expected but the dust is soft powder which can be easily wiped off.

So far very happy with the setup.. will have more review after track day...

No problem putting passengers in the dashboard thats for sure!

some pics from camera phone...

REAR

FRONT

Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet car...
Old 11-04-2008, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Interesting. About how does this stuff run?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:29 PM
TECH Resident

rotors are very cheap about the same price as napa blanks.. 35 bx each. 155 shipped

also pads are some what expensive but worth it.. I think 250 for front back.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
rotors are very cheap about the same price as napa blanks.. 35 bx each. 155 shipped

also pads are some what expensive but worth it.. I think 250 for front back.
Yea a little pricey but not too bad, hawk pads would probably set you back $160-170 anyway. Is this some sort of matched type setup? I kind of want to go with a drilled/slotted rotor and I don't road race.

Are those rotors made for road racing?
Old 11-05-2008, 08:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by OutKlast
Yea a little pricey but not too bad, hawk pads would probably set you back $160-170 anyway. Is this some sort of matched type setup? I kind of want to go with a drilled/slotted rotor and I don't road race.

Are those rotors made for road racing?
these are the rotors that supply stoptech which then add slots and drill em and jack the prices up!

plain rotors hold up to abuse better for road racing or even hard braking in general. the slots arent worth the price increase for me.. and I want a quality rotor. Not cheap slotted rotors that are made in china which warm quick!

Quick Reply: EBC YELLOWS and CENTRIC BRAKE DISC ROTORS installed.