Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eibach Sportlines

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Eibach Sportlines

Just installed them full 2" drop in front and 1 3/4 in rear after short testdrive!
Thank you to Mike F. and Straightline Performance, cant wait for you guys to do my Cam and then finally the Turbo or Supercharger! Will post pics when i get home.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Hope you like them as much down the road as you do now....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
That was out of line IMO.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

why wouldnt I???
Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wrays96
why wouldnt I???
Get ready for the novel of the century. I think he was fishin......
Old 11-05-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He probably just ment what a lot of people on the site are probably thinking. That sportlines are one of the worst springs that you can put on the car. They give a great stance but the ride compaired to other springs in close to if not at the very bottom.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by homerunhtr21
He probably just ment what a lot of people on the site are probably thinking. That sportlines are one of the worst springs that you can put on the car. They give a great stance but the ride compaired to other springs in close to if not at the very bottom.
guess what I like them!!!!The ride is fine. I like to take corners as much as straight line driving
LS1TECH Sponsor

No novel. Sportlines look good, but aren't engineered well. They are too low, and way too soft for how low they are.

I wasn't fishing, and it wasn't out of line. Sorry that I have an opinion. And fwiw, I sell Sportlines (if someone is hell bent on having them) but never recommend them.

I sincerely hope he is happy with them down the road, but having dealt with so many that aren't over the long run, I won't be surprised if a year from now he's not so enamored. End of story

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
LS1TECH Sponsor

guess what I like them!!!!The ride is fine. I like to take corners as much as straight line driving
Great, glad you do.

Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

No novel. Sportlines look good, but aren't engineered well. They are too low, and way too soft for how low they are.

I wasn't fishing, and it wasn't out of line. Sorry that I have an opinion. And fwiw, I sell Sportlines (if someone is hell bent on having them) but never recommend them.

I sincerely hope he is happy with them down the road, but having dealt with so many that aren't over the long run, I won't be surprised if a year from now he's not so enamored. End of story
Damn, if thats true i will buy your springs. Its apparent that you know what your talking about when it comes to suspension
Old 11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't take it so personal guys. Expect to get flamed if you post about sportlines. That's just the way it is around here. If you like them then that's all that matters and everyones opinion is different.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Damn, if thats true i will buy your springs. Its apparent that you know what your talking about when it comes to suspension

I didn't say what I said with the intention of selling you springs. Sometimes I just post as a guy who has a Camaro.....

If you like them, then fine. You aren't the first guy with them, some love them at first and then grow to hate them. Some think they are the cat's ***. Some don't know how any others would be different.

Give it some time, you already own them. If you get to a point you see weaknesses we can deal with it. If not, then not....

Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Not trying to be insulting in anyway, but you didn't search did you?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Not trying to be insulting in anyway, but you didn't search did you?
i did search but i thought that people only complained about the pro-kit.bottomline its been 5 days now and im still real happy with the looks,ride and performance of these springs
Old 11-06-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Regular

This thread makes me Lolz.

Sportlines = fail.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Again, I am not being sarcastic when I say I'm glad you're happy. But don't you think it's odd folks have Pro-kit complaints (and not everyone does, some love them too) and yet they are not a low and have a more appropriate rate for the associated drop?

That's the Sportline issue, they are too low... in general and for the rate they are and they use the bumpstops harder, and more often than other springs. If you like them, that's primo. But things like "like, dislike, good, bad" are all are relative to what else you might know.

There are in fact many who've had Sportlines and hated them. Some changed to other things because they disliked them. Some changed because they heard there were other options and found they liked other things better. Again, it's all relative.

The issue here is simply that it's the 'net. Everyone has an equal voice, and anyone can post on a free site. That's cool, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. Some opinions come with more background. It doesn't change the fact you seem to like your springs. It also doesn't change the fact many don't. I don't know what you searched, but I know I'm not dreaming up the fact they are about 2" lower and of rates softer than some stock 4th gen springs are.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you like to take corners as much as straight line driving, research would have told you that the sportlines will not help you in either area. in fact theyd hurt you.
I hope you at least have some decent shocks.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default springs

Note to self:If you ever get anything other than Strano springs don't start thread.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

i did search but i thought that people only complained about the pro-kit.bottomline its been 5 days now and im still real happy with the looks,ride and performance of these springs
The Prokit complaints are mainly the rear spring sag, although I have seen complaints about ride.
I've only read about a hand full of people (3 or 4) that was ok with sportlines, but none of them have anything to compare it to.
Here are some threads from searching for sportlines.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....64&postcount=3
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....5&postcount=15
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ight=sportline
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....9&postcount=12
Old 11-06-2008, 10:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by rod214
Note to self:If you ever get anything other than Strano springs don't start thread.
There are other decent springs out there, it just happens that sportlines are the worst (for a reason, look at the spring rate compared to the drop they give.)
Stock front springs are 292lbs/in, that means it takes 292lbs of force to compress the spring 1" from its stock height. Sportlines drop the front a claimed 1.6" (if not lower in real life) and have a spring rate of 360lbs/in. Compress the stock front springs 1.6 inches and they will be exerting 462lbs each (thats 934lbs of force total in the front keeping you from hitting hitting the bump stops.) The sportlines are exerting only 720lbs of force in the front at the same height to keep you off the bump stops. In other words you will be hitting the bump stops harder with the sportlines because they are not resisting compression enough for the height they are at.

Last edited by JD_AMG; 11-07-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Eibach Sportlines