Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please Help, Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help, Noise!

I have a particular noise coming from the right rear side like the door is a little loose or maybe something is rattling between the firewall around the back fender. I tighen down the spare tire and emergency jack, but there's still noise when driving over rough roads.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ChoiceCam00; 11-15-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your exhaust by pushing up and down on the muffler. my rubber exhaust hangers are worn out and allowing my exhaust to move excessively up and down. causing the same sound that you have. im gonna take it to a muffler shop soon and get it fixed
Old 11-15-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by jsteele90
check your exhaust by pushing up and down on the muffler. my rubber exhaust hangers are worn out and allowing my exhaust to move excessively up and down. causing the same sound that you have. im gonna take it to a muffler shop soon and get it fixed
Wow! I just checked that an hour ago and that right side hanger is not tight within the bracket. Like you said, when I pushed the right side tail pipe up, it was loose between the rubber bushing. I thought something could be loose with my spring or shock. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2008, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome glad to hear you figured it out. pm me when you figure out a fix maybe itll work for me
Old 11-15-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

Default Thanks!

I'll work on it tomorrow and let you know.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Default Noise

Originally Posted by jsteele90
I tighten down the right side exhaust hanger-bracket with rubber installed to make up the difference of the gap and some tie wire but still have the noise. I think it's my rear bearings that need greasing, or maybe something loose in the shock itself.

Quick Reply: Please Help, Noise!