Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

suspension upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension upgrades

I am about to start upgrading my suspension on my 98 camaro and am open for suggetions on where to began. Right now everything is stock. Just trying to find out where i need to start and what everyone recomends. thanks in advance.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, the choice of your suspension upgrades depend on what you want to do with your car. If you are going to do alot of drag racing you will need some different parts than you will if you want a good handling car. Most of the parts that you need will serve both purposes like control arms, torque arm, a better pan hard bar. If your leaning towards a good handling car, shocks, springs, and sway bars will help in that area. We have several different versions of all of these parts plus many more i haven't listed. Give me a call and we can go over what you want to improve on. Im in the office mon-fri 8:30am-6:00pm est.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by coondog
I am about to start upgrading my suspension on my 98 camaro and am open for suggetions on where to began. Right now everything is stock. Just trying to find out where i need to start and what everyone recomends. thanks in advance.
Even though "search is good" still applies in this forum, my question is this:

In realistic terms, what are you trying to accomplish with the car?

Not all mods are upgrades for every situation.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Lowering it is a very good thing to do. Increases handling and makes the Car look alot sharper IMO..
Old 11-21-2008, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

There is alot of great deals here so check around most are $150 with shipping.I started with the LCA's put them on...loved my traction then Panhard Bar ...loved the controlled feeling on the rear then the torque arm ...loved how the car hooked even harder. Just for kicks i got the sway bar endlinks and now on turns the car doesnt lean as much. If a firmer ride but I like it.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Can't be much help until we get an idea of your goals and/or what you want to change about how the car drives... Pretty much like everyone else said.

Yes, there are a lot of parts. You might need a lot of them, or few of them. I can't know and therefore can't recommend anything without knowing the symptoms

I too have shocks, springs, LCA's, brackets, SFC's, PHB's, etc, etc, etc. to sell. Most shops do, though not many have as many product lines.

Like I tell most folks. Formulate an idea about what you think you want or need (and have an idea why). Then talk to more than one supplier about your thoughts and goals and see what information you can glean from the conversation. Make your decision based on what the conversations brings out. I prefer this method and use it daily. That way I know the part I'm suggesting is what I think is best for the job you need done... and I explain why.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Teching In

The car will be a daily driver but go to the drag strip often. Mostly wanting the car to hook up off the line. Already have m/t radials and i am swapping rear ends this weekend.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Give us a shot at your business. We have some of the best built parts in the industry. Our prices are very competitive with other companies and our tech dept is the one of the best in the business. We know what works on these cars and what doesn't. Take a look at all that we have to offer. Some of our parts might be a little more than other companies but there is a reason for that. Its the little differences between our parts and others that seperate us from the pack.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-21-2008, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

So a drag slant on a street car. I assume you don't want to compromise the streetability of the car?

Pretty standard stuff. Control arms, torque arm.... Possibly LCA relocation brackets but they should only be used in a tail-down "traction" position on the strip as the geometry when turning corners is compromised for street and highway driving and the stability suffers.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Teching In

thanks for the replies. Where should i start i guess is what i should i be asking? I am leaning towards replacing the torque arm first what do you guys think?
Old 11-22-2008, 11:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i started with panhard bar and lca's, but that's just me... just to get the easier installs out of the way..
Old 11-22-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i just had a bunch of goodies come from a sponser on here....still waiting on my dana S60 though

anyways the stuff i started with was front and rears sway bars adj panhard bar and lowering springs..i decided to just put moog bushings in the LCA's

Quick Reply: suspension upgrades