Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

strut tower bar

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 02:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut tower bar

2 point or 3 point? how much of a difference does it make?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For your LSx I would go with the 3-point style. This suspension mod has been debated over and over weather or not you can feel the difference with one or not. It's so minimal if you did notice a change it would be during cornering at high speeds. For the cost I say do it. It's cheap, looks good and it's easy to put on.

Elliott
Old 12-27-2008, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you know if its difficult to do the middle point on the 3 point ones? my car has been put away for winter so it a pain to go take a look...thanks for the info though man
Old 12-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Banned

Not sure about the 3-point install cause I have the 2-point style. I can't see it being hard bro these are real easy to put on.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the Edelbrock 3 point bar. The center attachment was a real challenge. You have to pull the windshield wipers and cowl covers, so have a wiper arm puller handy and spend time to figure out the plastic pins on the cowl. Making the holes to fasten the bar to isn't really easy either, and you need to be creative with the tools. I got it done, but it wasn't easy.

On the other hand, it was worth while. The two point bars don't do much, and I don't think they are worth the money. I can feel an improvement with the 3 point bar during turn in, the front end feels stable and the steering feedback feels better. There are some other issues like access to the engine, and clearance to the automatic dipstick tube. If you're going to do it, do the three point.