Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

quiet pleeeease.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quiet pleeeease.

Hey guys!

im fairly new to suspension mods so please bare with me.

ive searched and for now i decided to go with:
-strano springs
-koni 4/4
-panhard bar
-LCA relocation brackets and
-LCA

however....
during my search i also read that some of these components will/or will tend to squeak, rattle, make lots of noise, etc.. because of the "ends" (rod ends, poly, moly, etc.) i know my car will never feel like a benz, but i want better ride quality, performance, handling, and also QUIETNESS.
What "ends" would be the quietest for daily driving? And would getting the "quieter ones" be as durable (and serve the proper purpose) as the "other ends?"

thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

I've got essentially the same setup as you, with the exception of 4/3 shocks, and no LCA relocation brackets (deemed unnecessary by Sam). I'd say the loudest part of my car is the headers and Magnaflow .

The rear LCA's I have are poly on one end, rod end on the other. The poly end gives you some isolation from the road noises and "clunking" per se of the rod end. I have the double rod-ended PHB, but you could also substitute with a poly/rod PHB I suppose.

The car rides like a dream though. And seeing as you have the GMMG on your car?????? Again, I don't think you'll hear the suspension over that!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:05 AM
TECH Junkie

All of that with no LCA or relo brackets. Use stock LCA's. Lots of people just switch stock LCA bushings out with solid rubber moog bushings. Allows the most rear axle free movement and rubber is the best for dampening sound. No need for relo brackets if you just want handling and aren't interested in launching the car for drag or don't get wheel hop.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

In this case we recommend to go with lower control arms and a panhard bar that use polyurethane bushings on one end and a rod end on the other. This allows the poly bushings to absorb the road noise before it enters the vehicle. Also rod end brands and quality are a big factor in the noise you will experience... most less expensive items use inexpensive rod ends that use a bearing that rides in a metal body... this is metal to metal contact and causes a lot of rattles and noise. We use in all our components a 3-Piece rod which features a self lubricating Telfon lining... this prevents the metal to metal contact and oils the bearing for longer life and quieter operation.

I posted a few links below... please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

www.umiperformance.com/2016

www.umiperformance.com/2022

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 01-05-2009, 10:45 PM
Staging Lane

those look great man!
it had me at "self lubricating..." haha jk! thats an awesome feature. I just might go with those.

who else uses these.. whats you take on them?
how often do you have to re-lube it?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kaotikid
how often do you have to re-lube it?
Glad to help!

We recommend to lube the poly ends every time you change your order. The rod ends do not require any lube although we do recommend a graphite spray to prevent them from rusting... this can be seen here- www.umiperformance.com/3009

If there are any more questions I can help with please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 01-06-2009, 07:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only time you need the brackets is if you experience wheelhop, i have a little since i lowered my car so i decided to go with them instead of blowing my rear up.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Staging Lane

is there anyone else out there that uses these products?? if so, how quiet are they during operation?? how would you rate the quality, performance and dependability on these?
im sorry guys, but im very new to suspension mods... I also like to do things right the first time.
ive searched and shopped around, and no other product (like these listed) has me sold yet. i just need some feedback from those who have had experiences with them. im planning on making some purchases very soon!

thanks!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would go with sway bars before LCA's for ride quality... LCA's help with wheel hop meaning they basically do nothing for ride comfortability. Sway bars will help alot with cornering and braking.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Looks like you did some good research. I have the same springs and shock along with the dble ajd phb.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Nice ride detoxx!!

hey ryan,
i just noticed your "complete suspension package," it pretty much has the items i wanted to install over winter. I was wondering if it would be possible to purchase that package, MINUS the price of the springs, since i ordered the strano springs yesterday??

thanks!

Quick Reply: quiet pleeeease.