Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Which Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm?

I'm getting my Texas Speed True Duals at the same time as my Spohn Adjustable Torque Arm. I wanted to get the Torque Arm that has the DSL and replaces the Transmission Crossmember as the mounting point. I was wondering which Torque Arm I hould get that would be high enough for the Exhaust to clear underneath it, OR does the True Duals' X-Pipe cross before the transmission and hangs low enough not to matter with the tranny crossmember?

PS: I have Pacesetter Headers
Old 01-21-2009, 06:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Spohn Adj TA for LT's w/front and rear DS Loops and the tunnel mount - Not using true duals, but have Hooker LT's and JetHot Y-Pipe w/ !cats. I have no clearance problems with the y-pipe branches and the TA (y-pipe branches come straight off headers and come together behind the TA so I would guess they are similar to true duals).

Did lose grond clearance with that TA though - I have hit the center of the TA on speed bumps before if not careful...
Old 01-21-2009, 06:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Unfortunately that torque arm is not going to clear with the TSP true duals.. actually none of the torque arms Spohn offers will clear the TSP true duals. Since the X-pipe runs right in the center of the car this is the same area where the tunnel mounted torque arms bolt and they will interfere.

When we built our transmission mounted torque arm we built it around the TSP true duals. Our torque arm will actually allow you to tuck exhaust system up slightly higher and gain a little more clearance. We have a shop with this same set-up and I posted a link below.. in the link there is many pictures of the TSP true dual system with the torque arm.

www.umiperformance.com/2205

I know you said Spohn but I wanted to share my knowledge on this and give you another option that will work. Texas Speed also sells our items if you are interested. If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!

Ryan

Old 01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

I got the UMI tq arm with my x-pipe dumps just like the pic. no problems here.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Regular

I have Spohn's arm and that exhaust will not fit.But you could do what I have thought about is to get your exhaust built with an H pipe to run across.After all isn't an H pipe just a stretched out X.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I manufacture a tunnel mounted torque arm that was designed with a crossmember specifically for the TSP(and others) dual exhaust. it is a chromemoly double-adjustable torque arm, crossmember includes a driveshaft loop. pm me for details...
Old 01-22-2009, 06:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboysfan
I got the UMI tq arm with my x-pipe dumps just like the pic. no problems here.
Great to hear and I am glad it worked out for you!

Ryan