Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installing lcas and brackets

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default installing lcas and brackets

anyone happen to know the torque specs for them so i can get them right while im under there?

thanks in advance
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by twitchtwice
anyone happen to know the torque specs for them so i can get them right while im under there?

thanks in advance
80ft lbs
Old 01-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also Its recommended that you torque everything down with the weight of the car on the axle.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

let us know how the install goes, I did my brackets a while back and I had to beat the hell out of my e-brake cable bracket to get it to mount on the lca bracket, it wasnt pretty, but i finally got it.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
let us know how the install goes, I did my brackets a while back and I had to beat the hell out of my e-brake cable bracket to get it to mount on the lca bracket, it wasnt pretty, but i finally got it.
alright i will. what brand lca brackets did you have?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:17 PM
12 Second Club

got them installed, im not sure what you had a problem with man. the driver side bracket was a little touch to get up there, but we used some wood and some leverage and it got into place. then the pass side bracket slid on like a glove? lol i guess nothing perfect. install went smoothly, took a while, but i was going slow on purpose cuz i was in no hurry
Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

the driver side bracket was a little touch to get up there, but we used some wood and some leverage and it got into place. then the pass side bracket slid on like a glove? lol
That is great to hear! Sometimes over time the rear end begin to rust.. the rust and corrosion builds up on the control arm mounts. This makes it tough in some cases to get the bracket over the control arm mount and requires some wire wheeling or sanding. Also some of our older instructions accidentally left out the part on how to cut or bend the e-brake cable.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 01-15-2009, 06:51 PM
11 Second Club

got them installed, im not sure what you had a problem with man. the driver side bracket was a little touch to get up there, but we used some wood and some leverage and it got into place. then the pass side bracket slid on like a glove? lol i guess nothing perfect. install went smoothly, took a while, but i was going slow on purpose cuz i was in no hurry
good to hear, I dont remember what kind I had, I think it was the UMI bolt in set, my problem was getting the ebrake bracket to slide over the new bracket, the cable bracket wasnt wide enough to slide over the new lca bracket, but whatever, its on there
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jeepers_88
good to hear, I dont remember what kind I had, I think it was the UMI bolt in set, my problem was getting the ebrake bracket to slide over the new bracket, the cable bracket wasnt wide enough to slide over the new lca bracket, but whatever, its on there
yeah your actually supposed to cut off the back of the old bracket according to the instructions, which i did and its working great for me.