Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Getting My Ride To Hook!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow Getting My Ride To Hook!!!!!

It seems I'm having a little trouble hooking. I have a 2001 Camaro SS M6 w/ BMR adj. lca's, BMR adj. torque arm, BMR adj. panhard bar, and a set of 18x10.5 BFG TA KDW's out back mounted on a 10 bolt with 4.10's in it. Other than that my suspension is pretty much stock. I have a set of Strange Drag Shocks for all four corners and BMR lca relocation brackets, but haven't made it on my ride yet. I have the front sway bar still hooked up, everytime I try to launch it I can feel the rearend wanting to bite the pavement but it feels like the front end does not want to let it travel. Any feedback on what might be wrong would be deeply appreciated.

Last edited by Scarface20_03; 01-19-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't care about your cornering performance, remove the front sway bar. That will allow to the front end to rise. I do hope you don't have a stock 10 bolt, because and soon as you do finally hook up, you are going to scatter that bad boy.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah...cornering performance isn't that big of a deal to me as it only goes fast in a straight line. Yeah i have a stock 10 bolt but we're working on getting a 9" for it soon.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off....swap to the 9in, especially if its your only car. As far as traction, slicks.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Scarface20_03
It seems I'm having a little trouble hooking. I have a 2001 Camaro SS M6 w/ BMR adj. lca's, BMR adj. torque arm, BMR adj. panhard bar, and a set of 18x10.5 BFG TA KDW's out back mounted on a 10 bolt with 4.10's in it. Other than that my suspension is pretty much stock. I have a set of Strange Drag Shocks for all four corners and BMR lca relocation brackets, but haven't made it on my ride yet. I have the front sway bar still hooked up, everytime I try to launch it I can feel the rearend wanting to bite the pavement but it feels like the front end does not want to let it travel. Any feedback on what might be wrong would be deeply appreciated.
Hello,

I noticed you have a lot of you suspension done, but I would also recommend Sub frame Connectors to stiffen up the chassis. And they would also allow the car to distribute weight through out the car more evenly!

Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarface20_03
You have all of the right parts to get the car to hook. Get the lower control arm relocation brackets installed. Put the arms in the lowest hole. Also you can disconnect the front sway bar end link. Having the front sway bar attached is the reason that your front ends isn't wanting to travel. You can reconnect the end links when youi leave the track. If you would rather discuss this over the phone our tech dept is open till 6pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like you have all the correct parts... get the relocators and most importantly the shocks on the car. the biggest problem you have is the tires. the 18 inch bfg's aren't going anywhere now and never will. only thing you need to purchase is a set of good tires like M/T drag radials or ET Street's.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

Oh yeah...forgot to mention the bmr subframe connectors!!! I've also got a set of 15" Centerline Warriors for my ride but need to wrap the rears in some sticky rubber.

Last edited by Scarface20_03; 01-19-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting My Ride To Hook!!!!!