Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lca relocation bracket install question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Lca relocation bracket install question

I just got my LCA Relocation brackets back from the chrome shop and had a question about mounting them. Which hole should I put the LCA in...the upper or lower one? I bought them used (I didnt need new ones since I was having them chromed) and the guy that had them before me obviously had them in the lower hole. I dont even know what these are supposed to do...so I dont have a clue which mounting position is best for my car.

My car has Strano springs and BMR non-adjustable LCAs (and BMR upper and lower PRB if that matters).

Here is a pic so you will know what "two holes" I am talking about....even my dog Cammy (Camara Super Sport!) didnt know!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With my UMI it depends on how your car is set up. More for autoX you want the LCA to be parallel. For drag racing I believe you use the lower hole for better straight line performance but you give up turning. This is just a blanket statement, not to technical just trying to help.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets

Originally Posted by 08 848
With my UMI it depends on how your car is set up. More for autoX you want the LCA to be parallel. For drag racing I believe you use the lower hole for better straight line performance but you give up turning. This is just a blanket statement, not to technical just trying to help.
What he said is correct! What we have experienced, is you get the best traction quality using the bottom hole. And if you have any other questions or problems feel free to contact us.

Thanks Again!
Brad