Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed TA and PHB

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installed TA and PHB

Thankfully the weather cooperated with me this weekend to Finally install my christmas presents from byunspeed. my BMR non adjustable TA and my UMI 'on car' adjustable PHB. all i can say is AHHHHHHHHHHHH! it was great. they both were installed with ease and made a big difference. my rear is now within and 1/8" side to side (it started getting really cold and i said its good enough) and with my old 155k mile stock TA mount my car doesnt jump and bog everytime i go from a stop. its so much smoother now and i love it! here are some pics

the last picture is also with BMR's anti sway bars. all in all everything ive done so far made a big difference over stock. next is springs and shocks! id recommend everyone who hasnt put any money into there suspension to highly look into doing it. im so glad i did. thanks guys!
Old 01-25-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man, and I'm sure it handles better too. A lot of people forget about their suspension before adding more power.

Anyway, how hard/easy is it to install the BMR TA?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea im also interested on how easy it was for the TA? That is next on my list and good use a few good pointers!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you like the parts.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-26-2009, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Don't worry about springs. Do shocks next, you will then kick yourself in the jimmy for not doing them first. Bilsteins, Konis, or nothin'.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you liked the items! Now get that rear end painted
Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha thanks for the comments guys! i love the new parts. anything suspension related in red powder coat is just pure sex! not to mention the functionality part of them

[QUOTE=SnakeStomper;10923107Anyway, how hard/easy is it to install the BMR TA?[/QUOTE]

it was very easy. you first take off the old TA with the clamshell mount. the hardest part was cutting the rivets out of for the old bushing. but its not impossible. i would suggest to but the bushing on the end of the TA before putting it in the clamshell and trying to push it in it took some finiess in the form of grunting muscle induced labor but i got it. to get the back part onto the rear itself i just cleaned it up and gave it afew taps with a rubber mallet and it went on beautifully!

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Don't worry about springs. Do shocks next, you will then kick yourself in the jimmy for not doing them first. Bilsteins, Konis, or nothin'.
if im going to go out of the way to do shocks ill do springs aswell. cant hurt (except the wallet ) and i wouldnt have to worry about them again. im contimplating SFC or springs/shocks for my next project after my cam.

and a BIG thanks goes out to BMR and UMI (alphabetical order to be unbiased ) for the F'in awesome parts! there both solid, quality pieces that id recommend to anyone. and as for the rear end. ill worry about painting it when i replace it. hopefully just not anytime soon

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed TA and PHB