Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front shock help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front shock help.

I need front shocks for a 95 camaro drag car.

I want strange double adjustables but I see there are two #.

1. Which one works best?

2. What springs do I need.

95 camaro hardtop with manual windows.
Car was gutted, then rewired and has a 8 point rollbar installed. Interior was put back in. All plastic, carpet, and two plastic race seats.
9" ford rear, sfc, fiberglass bolt on cowl hood, and PA racing chromemoly front k-member, a-arms, and manual rack. Front bumper support removed also. Using old school small block and turbo 400 trans.

Last edited by ls1foxcoupe; 01-28-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: add words
Old 01-28-2009, 01:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S-5069 will work with your stock upper perch, you'd use the SPC-300 springs. The other will use a hypercoil spring where it will not be a direct replacement.

Both are listed on our site http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com/cam_sus_lt1.html#Shocks

You may want the torington bearings as well. Give me a call if you need more help.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What advantage soes one have over the other. I understand one mounts up kinda stock and the other uses coilover springs but why would they make two designs?
Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1foxcoupe
I need front shocks for a 95 camaro drag car.

I want strange double adjustables but I see there are two #.

1. Which one works best?

2. What springs do I need.

95 camaro hardtop with manual windows.
Car was gutted, then rewired and has a 8 point rollbar installed. Interior was put back in. All plastic, carpet, and two plastic race seats.
9" ford rear, sfc, fiberglass bolt on cowl hood, and PA racing chromemoly front k-member, a-arms, and manual rack. Front bumper support removed also. Using old school small block and turbo 400 trans.
The part number that you will need is S5071. I would go with the 300lb spring. We have a competitve price on the shocks and spring. Here is a link to our site. Give me a call if you have any questions.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F4.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Progressive vs. linear, small weight differences variance in spring choice. It depends what you're looking to do and how you want to go about it.

They make a variety of designs for people who may be trying to do something different to meet their goals.

The typical setup would be what I've mentioned using the S5069 with the 300lb progressive spring...this is what most folks use.

You can choose which way you prefer. We can offer you either styles.

Call me if you need more help. I am not on the boards as often as I'd like to be. I can answer questions easier and faster via phone.