Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pinion angle issue, rear twisted?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinion angle issue, rear twisted?

Well when putting on my umi, tranny mounted torque arm... its adjustable.. I am having to adjust it to the extreme where the rear mount area points downward. Because my rearend seems to have twisted forward from the bottom upwards. It has massive positive pinion angle.

I did replace my adjustable LCA's with non adjustable ones, but I measured them and they were the same length..

The car has been sitting on my kiwklift for months while rebuilding a tranny.

I have no clue how my rear could have gotten so extremely forward tilted or whatever... Its so twisted I cant even get in the top clamshell brace and bolts to lock down the driveshaft.

Anyone have any ideas? Just seems like something is pulling the lower part of my rear suspension forward and upward.

Im just stumped and frustrated today.

Last edited by Dip Stick; 02-04-2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is common. You just need to push it back. I have a hard time getting my short T/A on everytime.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

ended up using wood blocks to jack up the differential and that got it into the right alignment. It was a hair. Ended up having like +1 degree pinion angle. I know 2 or 2-4 negative is what I want... but ill have to give this a go for a week or so and give it a whirl after. just rude her nicely.. that is if my tranny rebuild holds
Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Default rear sway problem

hey i put in a used rear in my car last summer and it always feels like the back end of the car sways around? how do i tighting that up some?
Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hevymetalg
hey i put in a used rear in my car last summer and it always feels like the back end of the car sways around? how do i tighting that up some?
damm can someone move this for me i goofed
Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hevymetalg
Hello,
If your rear end is sloppy check all of the poly bushings and are you using a sway bar? These might be some of your problem, Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions,
Thanks Again,Brad
Old 02-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello,
If your rear end is sloppy check all of the poly bushings and are you using a sway bar? These might be some of your problem, Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions,
Thanks Again,Brad
thanks for responding. yes i am using a sway bar and do you sell a bushing kit for the rear or the whole car?