Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Control Arm Relocation Bracket Set up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Control Arm Relocation Bracket Set up?

I have a stock ride height car in the back, what setting would I want for best traction on these brackets? stock location, middle or all the way down? Or do I just get rid of them? This is for a low to mid 10 sec car. Thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Meen95z
I have a stock ride height car in the back, what setting would I want for best traction on these brackets? stock location, middle or all the way down? Or do I just get rid of them? This is for a low to mid 10 sec car. Thanks
Depends a lot on what the car is doing now with the control arms in the stock location...

What kind of tires are on the car?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:21 PM
10 Second Club

they are not in the stock location, they are on the last setting on the brackets. It hooks ok, just thought I could improve traction, by moving them. 275/50/25 MT Drag Radials
Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Heres a opinion

they are not in the stock location, they are on the last setting on the brackets. It hooks ok, just thought I could improve traction, by moving them. 275/50/25 MT Drag Radials
Hello,
What we have experienced when installing the lower control arm relocation brackets is you get the best results traction wise using the lowest hole. You say this set-up is on a mid 10 second car? What all modifications do you have done to the suspension? Leave me know.
Thanks Again,
Brad
Old 02-11-2009, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

By "hooks ok" does the car seem to spin instantly off the line or does it hook then spin?

What kind of air pressure are you running in the drag radials?

These and several other factors are what's going to determine ultimately how well the car works......
Old 02-11-2009, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

Lee thanks for asking those questions I would like to see his anawer and then see your reply
Johnny

ps: based on your question, which should hole should help if spins then hooks
Old 02-11-2009, 10:46 PM
10 Second Club

Suspension wise I have, QA1 R Series up front w/ 275 springs, lower control arms, braced torque arm, lca relocation kit, no front sway bar, weak rear springs. Thats about it, I have the control arms at the lowest settings now and just bought a adjustable torque arm and 300lb front springs. I didnt have a huge traction problem, I thought I could improve my traction by moving the control arms to a different setting on the brackets.
Old 02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Here a few ideas!

Suspension wise I have, QA1 R Series up front w/ 275 springs, lower control arms, braced torque arm, lca relocation kit, no front sway bar, weak rear springs. Thats about it, I have the control arms at the lowest settings now and just bought a adjustable torque arm and 300lb front springs. I didnt have a huge traction problem, I thought I could improve my traction by moving the control arms to a different setting on the brackets.
Hello,
Getting back to the not hocking problem! Is that on the street or at the track what are you 60ft times. I see that you got a different spring rate for the front to try to transfer weight to the rear. The thing about it is the problem can be from anything like having to fine tune you suspension or what type of tire pressure you are running? What I have experienced is about 20lbs works well for me and allows me to leave hard and lets the car hook. Those are just a few more suggestions. If you have any other questions I will be glad to help!
Thanks Again,
Brad
Old 02-12-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS SLP2
Lee thanks for asking those questions I would like to see his anawer and then see your reply
Johnny

ps: based on your question, which should hole should help if spins then hooks
More than likely if it spins then hooks you would be better of with the relocation brackets in the upper adjustment hole. The 1st hole will lessen the initial "hit" on the tire but still help add additional traction.

Are you running drag radials also on you car also?
Old 02-12-2009, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

What's a weak rear spring? Does the car squat when it launches?

You do not want the rear to squat AT ALL during the launch......

Old 02-12-2009, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the help Lee. The different spring weight on the qa1;s wasn't for traction purposes, I got tired of repairing the shocks when the blew from pot holes and such. To soft for driving the street. More because the weight up front.

Quick Reply: Control Arm Relocation Bracket Set up?