Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

single or double adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default single or double adjustable?

I've been wondering what difference it makes if a part (LCA, PHB, TA, etc) is single adjustable or double adjustable. I will eventually have a full UMI suspension but not sure which set to go with. My car is daily driven and sees the track maybe 6 times a year. Only reason I'm really asking is price. If single adjustable will work fine then I don't waste extra money on something I don't need.

Also while I'm on the subject is chrome moly worth the extra money? I don't really care about the few pounds it saves but how much stronger is it?
Old 02-13-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

pretty sure double adjustable just means you can adjust it on the car, without taking the rod off at least one side. Shouldn't make that much difference, they'll both work just as good. Just depends on how easy you want to make it.
Old 02-13-2009, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ohhhh that makes sense. Would there be any reason I would need to adjust it after installation? Or would a one time adjustment be sufficient? I have no interest in doing track specific changes, she's the same on the track as she is on the street.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the average user will get it all set once and leave it alone. the double adjustable is merely for convenience of adjustability. a single adjustable component will do the same job when its said and done, but more of a PITA to get it there.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:54 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our products and I will be glad to help

Since the vehicle is a daily driver I do not recommend the double adjustable set-up since it has rod ends on both ends. If you put a lot of miles on the car the rod ends will wear quickly and may get noisy over time, also the ride may be a slightly harsher. If you are looking for an adjustable control arm I would recommend item # 2018 seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2018 This product is on-car adjustable and features polyurethane bushings on both ends for a quiet comfortable ride. Please take a look and let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!
Ryan

Old 02-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Yes, what the UMI guy said... the rod ends just plain suck on a DD. i'm looking at replacing mine with some neoprene ends ( atleast the top pieces) ooh yeah and it rattles like your junk is going to fall apart!

Quick Reply: single or double adjustable?