Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?

Where do you buy this SLP revalved Bilsteins shocks that im hearing about and Price please? Im looking into buying the Eibach Sportline or Strano Springs. Im looking for a 1" to 1 1/2" Drop. Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Hang on there...

I carry SLP parts, and can do the SLP valved shocks. I don't because I feel ther are better options. Sportlines and Strano springs are COMPLETELY different springs, and in neither case are SLP shocks the right choice. Further, Sportlines are more like a 2" drop, not 1-1.5".

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Teching In

ok but on some post i've been reading that people run the Slp & Strano Combo.......from what i've been reading the slp revalved are made for lowered cars. the sportline springs claim a 1.6" drop front 1.4" drop rear. Yours claim a 1.2" drop all around if im correct. Everyone pushes the Koni & KYB adj. but they are a little out of my price range. im on a budget and this may not be the best product combo on the market but im trying to get the best of both worlds on a budget.....I know the springs are different yours look to be the better choice but yours are on back order until april that is if they having soldout already. Just trying to do what I can with what I can afford.

Thanks,
Wayne
Old 02-17-2009, 04:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And you are getting the type of vague information that the internet is famous for.

Sportlines are never a 1.6/1.4" drop, usually closer to and sometimes more than 2". Eibach is commonly off the mark between quoted drop and actual drop.

SLP Bilstien's are meant for SLP Eibachs, which were technically lower--but not really lower. In fact the fronts are often between 1/4" lower and stock height. Rear usually about 3/4-1" lower than stock, but again that varies (thank you Eibach made springs). And what's more the spring rates of the SLP springs are not as high as most other aftermarket springs. More rate means more damping required. Less travel, means more damping required. And finally the SLP setup was meant to not **** anyone off, not work the best it could.... I find them lacking myself in the long run, and I like more crisp damping control in the short run.

You don't have to run my springs. I have other options available too. And there are many better than Sportlines (which I can also sell).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Thank you for the information.......I really didn't know any of that. So now not to sound CHEAP!!!! but what is the cheapest/Best spring & shock combo, and Price? The first two are of my Z28.....this is how much fender gap I have now......Excuse the 245/45/18 on the front I am fixing to put 275/35/18's up there......the 3rd & 4th one's are someone 's on this site......This is what I want the stance on my car to look like.....with decent ride quality.

Thanks for any help,
Wayne
Attached Thumbnails Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?-z.jpg   Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?-zz.jpg   Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?-copy-dmsspringsisolators.jpg   Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?-hotchkissusp.jpg  
Old 02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wayne--

Happy to help, but I think it's time we actually spoke so we don't have any mis-understandings.

The pics you supplied seem to show DMS and Hotchkis springs. I sell Hotchkis springs, and fwiw, they are only claimed to be a 1" drop (though they are usually more like 1.2"). There are a number of ways to proceed here, depends on how well you want the car to work...

You ask about the cheapest/best spring and shock combo. What else in life do you know of that has those two things in combination???? This is no different. All a matter of what suits you needs or wants best.

I'm pretty sure I have the greatest variety of brands of both springs and shocks of most any vendor on this site. I have no reason to recommend A over B or C except to recommend what I think will work best for you.

Quick Reply: Where to buy slp revalved bilsteins?