Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

I'm getting ready for suspension upgrades.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default I'm getting ready for suspension upgrades.

My car isn't a dedicated 1/4 track car so I want it set up for street use also.

I want a solid feel around corners, no leaning, no floating and no squirelly *** end over bumps.

I've been looking for a hollow front bar and solid rear bar and Sam has been indirectly given me some direction to what I should get through reading all of his posts here. Unfortunately his hollow sway bars are not available for the mean time so I'm looking at Hotchkis and Edelbrock brand, both have the hollow sway bar however they have different size between the two.

What are you guys opinions about them two? Any anecdotes?

And yes, I'm getting Konis also although I'm not going to get the springs yet because I might not need them.

EDIT:

Adj "on car" panhard bar poly ends and adj poly/rod end LCAs will be included in this upgrade.

Last edited by bene; 02-18-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Man, sling the Koni shocks, LCAs, and PHB on there and see how you like it! You may be able to wait on the bars, especially if you opt for the Watt's link in lieu of the PHB. I love my hollow bars, they were worth the wait. Shocks first though, good call!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Trunion King

TTT for the day lurkers.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 133 Likes on 87 Posts

Why hollow front and solid rear? If anything you'd want the other way around because the rear bar is unsprung weight.

We will have full hollow sets again. But it's more important that you buy the correct balance of bars than worry to the very end about a few pounds. Hotchkis uses too much rear bar (but hey I sell 'em if you are hell-bent on them). Edelbrock has the same thing going on as Hotchkis, a 1" bar is too big (I also sell Edelbrock brand as well).

And fwiw, my hollow rear is available right now. The front is what we're working on getting back. I believe in hollow bars... why drag weight around we don't need. But you have to consider cost and the effective wheel rate of bars as well. A hollow bar that is way too stiff isn't a good choice, and I think 1" bars are too stiff for cars that are looking to be well balanced.

You may have picked up something from me, but it's clear that the indirect things you've gathered are not all that accurate. Happens a lot that folks misinterpret e-mail or forums.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Trunion King

I see. I must have confused your suspension package from someone else. I thought you did have solid rear bar in your package.

I'll give you a call, Sam.

Quick Reply: I'm getting ready for suspension upgrades.