Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Upper Control Arm Help

Old 02-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper Control Arm Help

Hey everyone i need a little assistance. I just pulled my front suspension apart so i can install all of my BMR parts. Well when i pulled the upper control arm out. It of course was rather rusted. It is no big deal since i am putting in the BMR arm. However the mounting part of the arm i am worried about. It is rusted to the point where i just dont want to put it back in the car with all of these new parts. I already got 2 new strut mounts....the part that bolts to the top of the strut and has the bolt holes and the studs on it. So does anyone know if you can purchase the other part??? If so can anyone clue me in..

Thanks

Matt
Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about the upper a-arm support that the a-arm gets bolted into?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it the part that bolts between the strut tower and shock support. I would sand or have somebody sand blast it and repaint it. Mine was rusty also, and i sand blasted it and repainted , looks brand new. Or you can go to a junk yard and find ones in better shape
Old 02-23-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

You best bet is going to be trying to find one in a salvage yard. The mount is a dealer only item.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Launching!

grrrrrr......that is EXACTLY what i didnt want to hear....How is it there is a limitless supply of suspension upgrades, yet a part that gets this corroded there is nothing out there for it....
Old 02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mount is in fact part of the upper A arm unit. From GM you have to order the actual arm and mount as one piece and they are 300 a piece.

There are plenty of salvage yards that have them for 35 bucks a piece. I know WI salvage yards have them in abundance.

Also try finding people who are parting out their cars. I got mine from a board member parting out his TA.

Mine were so rusted the actual structure of the mount was gone. So I know how frustrating that is.

Good luck.

~Jim~

PS. Get the new ones powder coated. I have 3 coats of powder on mine. If yours was anything like mine was then you know you never want that to happen again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Upper Control Arm Help