Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Adjustable or non-adjustable suspension parts?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 AM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Adjustable or non-adjustable suspension parts?

I am planning on decking out the entire suspension with BMR parts here in a couple months. The car is going to be mostly street use and going to the track maybe twice a month. Should I get adjustable or non-adjustable Torque arm / panhard bar / A-arms etc?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

It would depend on what mods you currently have and your plans for the car. For example is the vehicle lowered? If not do you plan on it? Is there a aftermarket rear end in the car? If not do you see one in the near future? If yes which rear end?

A torque arm I would always recommend adjustable since it will see the track. This will allow pinion angle changes for the best traction.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-25-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Resident

if you can afford it, there really is no downside to having adjustable pieces. the only reason you might need most of them is if you plan on altering your ride height or really dialing in your suspension (i.e. road racing), but fwiw i've never seen a "should have gone non-adjustable " thread.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
I am planning on decking out the entire suspension with BMR parts here in a couple months. The car is going to be mostly street use and going to the track maybe twice a month. Should I get adjustable or non-adjustable Torque arm / panhard bar / A-arms etc?
Thank you for the interest in our parts. I would definitely go with the adjustable torque arm as well as the adjustable panhard bar. Our lower a arms have an adjustable end on them. As far as the upper a arms go unless you have an all out race car and need to adjust caster the non adjustable version is your best bet. As SS101 stated adjustable parts are a good choice especially for the rear components. If you go with an aftermarket rear adjustable lower control arms are a good choice. When you get ready to place your order give me a call. I'll see what i can do for you.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Thanks for the insight. I do have a 9" Moser rear end and i dont think the car is lowered. So I will prob end up ordering an adjustable torque arm and panhard bar then. A-arms i will get to eventually, but from what i've read is that you should not get adjustable a-arms. Or at least not the upper ones?
Old 02-25-2009, 02:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
Thanks for the insight. I do have a 9" Moser rear end and i dont think the car is lowered. So I will prob end up ordering an adjustable torque arm and panhard bar then. A-arms i will get to eventually, but from what i've read is that you should not get adjustable a-arms. Or at least not the upper ones?
The adjustable a arms are more for a race type situation. I would get adjustable lower control arms since you have a moser 9". They sometimes don't get the brackets in the exact location. Everything else you listed is a good choice. Give me a call when you are ready.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Adjustable or non-adjustable suspension parts?