Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm Bushing????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Torque Arm Bushing????

Are there different types of torque arm bushings for a 98 Z28? What part # do I need? Thanks
Old 03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There are two styles of OE torque arms. Energy Suspensiom has a diagram on their website, explaning how to identify the one you need.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the stock bushing is a two piece design, energy suspension has one that i recently got thru jegs (16 bucks with shipping) that is way more solid than the stock one. to get the old bushing out u will need a grinder or dill and this is explained in the directions when you get the energy suspension bushing. here is the link

http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspens...1111G/10002/-1
Old 03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cody161
the stock bushing is a two piece design, energy suspension has one that i recently got thru jegs (16 bucks with shipping) that is way more solid than the stock one. to get the old bushing out u will need a grinder or dill and this is explained in the directions when you get the energy suspension bushing. here is the link

http://www.jegs.com/i/Energy+Suspens...1111G/10002/-1
Yep. A really nice chisel and a BFH works wonders as well.

Its not that fun
Old 06-11-2009, 02:20 AM
Staging Lane

i have a 98 Camaro SS that needs new shock observers because i hear and feel every bumb,crack...and, etc.... what would you guys recommended for the smoothest possible ride in a F-Body
Old 06-11-2009, 07:19 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A suggestion for you!

Hello
I noticed that you are looking for a torque arm bushing! And I just wanted to throw this out there for you that UMI Performance also offers a replacement energy suspension bushing. It retail for $14.99. And to get the best ride quality I would look at your bushings and the sway bar end links to see what type of shape they are in! If they are in bad shape replace them. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-11-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Resident

Just use a drill on the clamshell rivets. A LOT easier.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thank's i will im going to go ahead and order the complete Kit including shock observers,Sway Bar ,Bushings and lowering springs is Bilstein a good brand for suspension??
Old 06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ItalianoHeck
Thank's i will im going to go ahead and order the complete Kit including shock observers,Sway Bar ,Bushings and lowering springs is Bilstein a good brand for suspension??
If you are talking about Bilstein shocks then the answer depends on what you are going to do with them. If you are keeping the car at stock ride height then the Strano spec Bilsteins are a great option. Otherwise you need a shock that can handle lowering springs.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

i want to lower the car but not too much because im going to be running True duals and im going to dump them before the axle
Old 06-12-2009, 07:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
Another good shock seeing how you are going to be lowering it would be a set of Koni's. Now they are a little $$$ but would be a really good set-up. And If you are going to be lowering the vehicle. Don't forget about the adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to recenter the rear end due to it shifting when a vehicle is lowered. Below is a link to show you what types of pan hard bars that UMI Performance has to offer! That are made right here in the USA.

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=124

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad