Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1 BMR K Member Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 BMR K Member Questions

Will the k member work with stock A arms? I'm thinking about getting one but don't want to spend the extra money for A arms quite yet.

Also, what do you guys think about k members on the street. The car see's about 2-3K miles a year. Thanks.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Launching!

Yes the k-member will work with stock a-arms, I have a BMR k-member on my car right now with stock a-arms, and the car was my daily driver for the last month.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Yes as mentioned the BMR K-member should work just fine with factory A-Arms.

Just another option is our K-member, it will also work with factory A-Arms. It doesn't feature a built in poly motor mount like the BMR which means it will also work with shorty headers if you are using them. Our K-member is designed for street use and will with stand any type of driving. Here is a link- www.umiperformance.com/2325

If you have any questions I will be glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 03-04-2009, 08:36 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DopdBrd
Will the k member work with stock A arms? I'm thinking about getting one but don't want to spend the extra money for A arms quite yet.

Also, what do you guys think about k members on the street. The car see's about 2-3K miles a year. Thanks.
Hello, yes all of our 4th gen k members work with the stock a arms. Our k members have been in use for over 6 years with alot of our customers using there cars as daily drivers. With the amount of miles that you drive per year durability will be no problem. If you have any questions please give me a call. Our tech dept is open till 6pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 03-04-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 AM
TECH Addict

Cool thanks guys. I had a local guy tell me that you dont want a k member for a street car because it will handle bad and won't be enjoyable on the street. I called BS on that and I think I was right! Hopefully when I get the tax return back I'll order one.

Any u guys plan on a sale or GP? LOL
Old 03-04-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sure thing just let us know when you are ready or have additional questions ......FWIW we have no issue with our poly motor mounts and mid length headers
Old 03-04-2009, 12:42 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Sure thing just let us know when you are ready or have additional questions ......FWIW we have no issue with our poly motor mounts and mid length headers

Lee, I was referring to this from your site

NOTE: Due to motor mount design, these K-members are not compatible with shorty headers.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

OK, I just put in brand new Prothane motor mounts, can I not reuse them? I guess I'm a little confused about that.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Launching!

No you can, I have a BMR k-member with Prothane mounts on my car, I'm not quite sure what Ryan was getting at with that.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by candidate zero
No you can, I have a BMR k-member with Prothane mounts on my car, I'm not quite sure what Ryan was getting at with that.
I was referring to BMR's site stating there LT1 K-member would not work with shorty headers. Lee then posted and said it would, so I was just posting where I got my info from but maybe they changed it. If your not running shorty headers then don't even worry about it. My guess is if you have new motor mounts the drivers side will work but BMR builds there own poly mount in on the passenger side..so yes they will still work.. but contact BMR to be sure.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Haha I didn't even realize we were talking about an LT1 k-member when I posted about the motor mounts.