Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Noise After Rotor Install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noise After Rotor Install?

Well guys I just finished swapping all four of my rotors with a set of slotted ones from the WS6 Store. The ones on there were actually the originals and had never been turned!!! (car has 70k on it). I had swapped all 4 pads a few months back so didn't have a lot of problems getting the calipers to fit, but once I FINALLY got them all done and took them for a ride I noticed some new noise coming from the front while braking. Now I know me and my buddy (certified mechanic) torqued everything down to spec, did it right, etc, so I'm just wondering if theres some "normal" noise associated with breaking in brakes and whatnot....thanks
Old 03-04-2009, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

there shouldnt be any noise after install unless you have a performance brake pad then they tend to make a little noise in some cases. can you describe the noise? might want to check the backing plates and make sure theyre not rubbing on the rotor. also make sure all the calipers have been bolted in, mistakes can happen.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default noise?

Mine made alittle noise turning by hand untill i actually tightned em up with the tire & rim. Check and make sure the pad springs arnt touching the rotors!Youll see the marks if they are! If so, gring down the springs alittle with a dremel like i did! Also,Those rotors gotta be flush as **** before tightening the tires back on !
Old 03-05-2009, 06:52 AM
11 Second Club

Did you clean the hubs off real good before reinstalling the new rotors? Rust/dirt can build up behind the rotors and if not cleaned off can make the new ones run untrue.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:27 AM
Banned

How many times do you need to post the same ****?

You have noise because you put old pads on new rotors and they did not bed in properly. You ignored that question when I asked.

Plus you probably have the plated rotors right? They have way too much plating on the friction surface. My WS6 store rotors had about .040 when there should be zero.

Quick Reply: Noise After Rotor Install?