Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Squeaking brakes- help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking brakes- help!!

Hi i have a 2000 trans am ws6. has 53k on it. i bought it about a year ago and not long after i bought it the brakes started squeaking all the time. had a few places look at it and said maybe just need new pads, so i tried that, didn't work. I just had a new place look at it and said it's the rear rotors and they need replaced. SO i got brand new rear rotors ..brand new pads for the rear rotors andd front, and the brakes STILLL squeak. i've only had the new rotors on 2 days. DO the new rotors just need time to set in? My brakes squeak BADLY around 80% of the time. PLZ help!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Banned

did you applied the grease to the long bolts that hold the caliper on place? also autozone has a kinda glue thingy that makes the pads stick to the caliper and piston... that worked for me....
Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Teching In

I didn't put them on so i'm not sure if they applied grease. All i know is it's been going on the whole time i've had my car, and no new parts seem to be helping the problem! Oh and i forgot to mention that it's usually only when i push the brake in a little bit or intermediately, when i push all the way down hard on the brake there's no sqeaking.
Old 03-15-2009, 01:47 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by murrayfan97m
I didn't put them on so i'm not sure if they applied grease. All i know is it's been going on the whole time i've had my car, and no new parts seem to be helping the problem! Oh and i forgot to mention that it's usually only when i push the brake in a little bit or intermediately, when i push all the way down hard on the brake there's no sqeaking.
This definitely like a bearing issue. Exact same behavior as described in this post: https://ls1tech.com/forums/general-m...eaks-help.html
Old 03-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Teching In

Ttt!!

Quick Reply: Squeaking brakes- help!!