Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed strano bars, konis..

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Installed strano bars, konis..

UMI LCAs, PhB and I'm getting a squeel on the front left (Driver side) suspension.

Its fine at high speed but on idle cruise it squeeks or chirps like metal to metal contact.

Any help?

Also just did the alignment, lubed the bushings and still making that sound.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually like to do one part at a time in case and odd gremlin sneaks up. But the sound is coming from that area have you taken the wheel off and checked it again? Is it a brake nosie or supension nosie?

Who installed the Konis, is the spring over the strut right. Is it tightened down?

I know kinda basic, but sometimes we all forgot little things. At higher speeds it might be you just can't hear it.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by coolformula
I usually like to do one part at a time in case and odd gremlin sneaks up. But the sound is coming from that area have you taken the wheel off and checked it again? Is it a brake nosie or supension nosie?

Who installed the Konis, is the spring over the strut right. Is it tightened down?

I know kinda basic, but sometimes we all forgot little things. At higher speeds it might be you just can't hear it.

Yeah, I've taken off the wheel and it doesn't make that noise, only when its loaded w/ weight. It's definitelly not a brake noise.

Every bump I go through it makes that noise.

I installed the konis. I'll check the strut for it tightness after I check the endlink.