Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Tunnel mounted torque arms

Old 03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunnel mounted torque arms

I couldn't find anything useful through the search function, so does anyone have any experience or pictures of running a 2.5'' X pipe with turn downs and a tunnel mounted torque arm setup.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:20 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Torque Arm Question?

Hello
What we recommend for people is when they are running a X pipe run a full length torque arm and a relocation cross member! We have a vehicle here with that combo on it! below is a picture to show you what I am talking about!http://www.umiperformance.com/images/2205l.jpg
If you have any other question feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How will the longer T/A hook? I thought for lesser HP cars that the shorter T/A was the way to go?

Does the tunnel mounted T/A with the round poly bushing work better than a stock style clamshell T/A
Old 03-17-2009, 10:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine hooked Great. I went 1.38 on spray with a UMI relocation mount and Random Tech TA. I was probably making 650+ on spray.

On motor, it was consistent 1.60/1.59 60's(that was with a nitrous converter). I plan on continuing to use a relocation mount on my new setup(TH400/Turbo), and staying with the long TA.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 913MOTOR
How will the longer T/A hook? I thought for lesser HP cars that the shorter T/A was the way to go?

Does the tunnel mounted T/A with the round poly bushing work better than a stock style clamshell T/A
Hello,
We offer the shorter T/A's and longer T/A's for what the customer is looking to do with his vehicle (Set-up wise). So for instance in your case if you want to run a X-pipe that is the combo that we have to offer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad .....Trust me I took a ride with Jerry and his car and it has no problems hooking up!

Search this Thread