Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Hose Mod, Strano Spring Related...

Old 03-17-2009, 09:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Hose Mod, Strano Spring Related...

I have tried the search feature but it no longer brings up anything relevent or maybe I am not using it correctly...

Me and my buddy both installed Strano Springs on our Camaro's

He added KYBs at the same time and I'm on the stock DeCarbons..we double checked the pigtails on the springs to make sure they were pointed in the right direction...

Both of our cars are slightly taller on the Driver's side. My car measure 2.5 in DS to 2.0 in on the PS....

His measures in at .75 in difference from the DS to the PS.....

Could we do the hose mod on the DS and leave the Iso in the PS?

What have you guys done to remedy this issue?

Thanks for looking
Old 03-17-2009, 11:42 PM
11 Second Club

Anyone.....
Old 03-17-2009, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

I read somewhere recently that you could turn the spring and it would even it out, but I don't have any experience myself..
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

I thought both of the pig tails are supposed to be facing forward?

I hate the new search feature, I can't find anything anymore. I wish they would bring the old one back....
Old 03-17-2009, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Copied from THIS thread about half way down...

"if one side is higher then the other (in the rear), rotate the springs until they match postions with each other (the end of the spring is in the same postion on both). this should correct any difference in ride height. if not keep trying various spring postions to even it out. it worked for me."
Old 03-17-2009, 11:55 PM
11 Second Club

Hmm interesting....so I would take it you turn both springs so that they match? The only difference would be which direction the pigtails are facing?
Old 03-17-2009, 11:57 PM
11 Second Club

I really don't know... I haven't ever swapped springs.. its like one of those things I just for one reason or another never got around to. That should be changing soon, I just ordered BMR's..

I however, when I read it, took it that you would turn just the one side so as to compensate for it..
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Ahhhh, I see. I kind of thought that too but then it said "if not keep trying various spring postions to even it out. it worked for me"...so I got a little confused lol
Old 03-18-2009, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Hopefully my buddy Sam will see this tomorrow
Old 03-18-2009, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted. So the top of the springs have to face a specific way?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Striker
Keep us posted. So the top of the springs have to face a specific way?
It has been said the pigtails aka the end of the spring on the top end should be facing forward if I remember correctly
Old 03-18-2009, 01:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

off topic, but how is the ride quality of your compared to your buddy running the kyb agx's?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm the buddy he is talking about. I just finished the install this morning and my driverside is .75" higher than the passenger side. It is really bugging me so i'm going to play with it tomorrow. I only drove the car around the block so we won't have a good comparison until later this week. I have riden in his car a lot and my car seems to be a stiffer ride than his. It took the speed humps on my street very well. A lot better than it did when stock. I'll post up a better comparison after we take a ride in both cars.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cvaught
off topic, but how is the ride quality of your compared to your buddy running the kyb agx's?
I haven't had a chance to take a ride in his car with he new setup...Mine rides surprisingly good for having the crap DeCarbons....I'm sure that wont last long but they've been on the car for at least 2-3k miles

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
I'm the buddy he is talking about. I just finished the install this morning and my driverside is .75" higher than the passenger side. It is really bugging me so i'm going to play with it tomorrow. I only drove the car around the block so we won't have a good comparison until later this week. I have riden in his car a lot and my car seems to be a stiffer ride than his. It took the speed humps on my street very well. A lot better than it did when stock. I'll post up a better comparison after we take a ride in both cars.
I wanted to go for a ride today but I also wanted you to do your thing lol. Since you haven't driven it much, especially by yourself
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the rubber thing on top of the spring there should be an indention for the little pig tail to slide into. after i put mine in (with the rear end still down) i wiggled it back and forth and i fell into place.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, I can't tell if either of you have an adjustable panhard bar, but if your rearend is off-center, it can make the lean (which is typical on the majority of F-bodies) worse.

-Mike
Old 03-18-2009, 09:37 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
I have tried the search feature but it no longer brings up anything relevent or maybe I am not using it correctly...

Me and my buddy both installed Strano Springs on our Camaro's

He added KYBs at the same time and I'm on the stock DeCarbons..we double checked the pigtails on the springs to make sure they were pointed in the right direction...

Both of our cars are slightly taller on the Driver's side. My car measure 2.5 in DS to 2.0 in on the PS....

His measures in at .75 in difference from the DS to the PS.....

Could we do the hose mod on the DS and leave the Iso in the PS?

What have you guys done to remedy this issue?

Thanks for looking
The lean is normal, all cars sit high on the left stock--you often don't know it at stock height because they are so tall. 1/2" is pretty normal. You can try and rotate the rear springs as that can he slightly raise or lower a corner. I'd put the LR spring pigtail in the rear, the RR pigtail toward the front, that might help "level" it.

It's not the springs and you can verify that just by swapping them side to side and you'll get the same result (if they are installed in the same orientation).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Sam thanks for your input. I'm sorry if I made it sound like it's the springs. I know this issue is common with the 4th Gen F-bodies and not the springs that are installed on them.

I was just just curious if there is a way to remedy this issue. I will try turning the LR pigtail backwards to see if that helps.

Thank you for your input
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 84 Posts

I don't think you did make it sound like the springs, just making sure nobody was thinking it was.

Try turning them and see what happens (measure before and after too--but wait until you drive it for the after, never measure staight off the jack).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll probably do mine today sam so i'll see if that helps. Mine is 3/4" higher on the driverside. The passenger side looks sick tho LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hose Mod, Strano Spring Related...