Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

pinion angle vs instant center

Old 03-20-2009, 09:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pinion angle vs instant center

what's the difference?

i know that pinion angle is changed with an adj TA, and instant center is accomplished by moving the front of th TA up or down.

but how do each affect traction?

and to me, changing the front mounting location of the TA would change the pinion angle...doesn't it?
Old 03-20-2009, 10:33 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by teke184
what's the difference?

i know that pinion angle is changed with an adj TA, and instant center is accomplished by moving the front of th TA up or down.

but how do each affect traction?

and to me, changing the front mounting location of the TA would change the pinion angle...doesn't it?
Hello, yes changing the front of the torque arm does change pinion angle. By altering the front location of the torque arm effects how hard your suspension hits on a launch. It is easier to move the instant center in the car by installing control arm relocation brackets. By moving the rear of the control arm downward you move the instant center rearward thus increasing wieght transfer. Pinion angle is not going to effect your traction as much as the instant center will. I could write you a book on this but if you would like to give me a call i can answer any questions that you might have.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: pinion angle vs instant center