Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

redoing my front suspension what parts needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redoing my front suspension what parts needed?

Im looking to redo my whole front suspension, such as struts, wheel bearings, ball joints and everything like that, what are the parts needed? Im tyring to get a complete list before i start breaking it down. I know that i may not need all of the parts but the cars got 120k on it and i feel like replacing everything all at once. Im not looking for performance stuff just good quality stuff, I have heard that moog is a good brand, any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2009, 06:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I suggest ball joints (all 4), control arm bushings (all 4), outer tie rod ends, sway bar bushings and links (both front and rear), and the best shocks your budget will allow. In the rear, you should replace the lower control arm bushings, and check the rubber torque arm bushing at the front end of the arm, where it attaches to the tranny.

Moog parts are good quality replacements, and if you replace the front shocks, you should also do the rear, to maintain a balanced ride. Wheel bearing assemblies should be inspected for "looseness" but may not have to be replaced, depending on how hard the car has been driven in the past.

One other thing, I'd replace the panhard bar bushings, and here I'd use polyurethane.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks, thats some good info, last year i did most of the rear, which was easy imo. New control arms, sway bar end links, new pan hard bar. So this years im doing the front, it definitley needs some work, the car is getting older and up in miles, i figure go in there once and not have to worry about it.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
On The Tree

Where would be the best place to buy the moog parts? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Is there a kit maybe?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Black-n-Sleek
Where would be the best place to buy the moog parts? I was thinking of doing the same thing. Is there a kit maybe?

Moog doesn't offer a "kit", like some places do. I don't want to offend any of the sponsors here, so I won't mention where I get my stuff. But if you have a friend at a shop, maybe they could order the parts through their shop and get you a discount....
Old 03-25-2009, 09:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Moog doesn't offer a "kit", like some places do. I don't want to offend any of the sponsors here, so I won't mention where I get my stuff. But if you have a friend at a shop, maybe they could order the parts through their shop and get you a discount....
thats what i was doing
Old 03-25-2009, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I favorited this thread for future use. Maybe it'll help you out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-tie-rods.html