Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help me spend some money!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me spend some money!!

I'm in the market for some Lower Control arms and Re-location brackets. I've checked out all the sponsers and all seem like quality products but my question is...If I never plan on lowering the car, or adding larger tires, do I need Adj. LCA's? And what are the pro's and con's of the Bolt in Versus Weld in Relo. Brackets? The cars a daily driver and see's the track 1-2 times a week. Gimme some advice here so I can spend more money that I dont have!! 100th Post too!!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PayPal your money to:

nongoggleguy@yahoo.com

Thanks. Hope I helped.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NonGoggleGuy
PayPal your money to:

nongoggleguy@yahoo.com

Thanks. Hope I helped.
Thanks for the comment Smartass
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

I would recommend UMI non-adj LCA's with bolt in relocation brackets. You can always weld in the brackets just the same as the non bolt in but its optional. My car is lowered with poly/poly non-adj LCA's and i dont have any issues at all. Hope this helps.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you already have LTs, be careful when you do lower. I have LTs on my Firehawk, which sits about an inch lower than stock (give or take) and I scrape more than I'd like to. I almost wish I went with mid-lengths, but the sound of LTs is unbeatable.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:28 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Bucksbadz
I would recommend UMI non-adj LCA's with bolt in relocation brackets. You can always weld in the brackets just the same as the non bolt in but its optional. My car is lowered with poly/poly non-adj LCA's and i dont have any issues at all. Hope this helps.
Hello
Thanks for the recommendation! We do offer two different types of relocation brackets a bolt on and weld on version! If you have any other questions about our product leave me know and I will be glad to help! Below is 2 links to show you what I am explaining.

http://umiperformance.com/2010?category_id=125

http://umiperformance.com/2012?category_id=125

Thanks
Brad
Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker98
I'm in the market for some Lower Control arms and Re-location brackets. I've checked out all the sponsers and all seem like quality products but my question is...If I never plan on lowering the car, or adding larger tires, do I need Adj. LCA's? And what are the pro's and con's of the Bolt in Versus Weld in Relo. Brackets? The cars a daily driver and see's the track 1-2 times a week. Gimme some advice here so I can spend more money that I dont have!! 100th Post too!!

Hello, you do not need adjustable lca's. As far as the relocation brackets go the bolt ons work on the stock rear and the weld ons are for aftermarket rears. The bolt ons are an easy install.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:04 PM
10 Second Club

Adj is a nice option becuase you never know what you'll want in the future.

If there is even a chance of sizing tires in the wells then having adj LCa is a must. However, if you are certain that you'll never need that function then look at the non adj. All the sponsors have very high quality parts.

Certain brackets work with certain rear axles again not an issue if you plan to stay with the 10 bolt. I'd go bolt in and be done.

What are you trying to accomplish by putting these parts on? That may help will help for other people to give you recomendations.

~Jim~
Old 03-26-2009, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

I appreciate everyones info so far. I think I'm gonna go with some Non-Adj. LCAs and the Bolt-In Relo brackets. Im not lookin for superior handling in the turns..I do the straight line thing!! How much of an improvment in traction is typical with this set-up? I'll also be runnin' Mickeys DR's so that should help!!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

I saw little to no improvement with LCA's. The M/T however, you'll notice right away.

~Jim~

Quick Reply: Help me spend some money!!