Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake Lines On BMR K Member

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake Lines On BMR K Member

Just bought a new K member from BMR, i want to run new lines instead of just using the factory brake lines. Anybody have any pictures of this or what size of line you need to do it. Thanks For any help!
Old 03-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just replaced my k-member in my 02 camaro with a bmr.I'm in the process of putting in a ZZ4 crate engine in it.
I bought my car wrecked with no engine or transmission and the salvage yard pulled the 3.8 and transmission out of it.they cut the front brake lines when they dropped the k member.
I bought a 25 foot roll of 3/16 brake line from jegs and made my own lines.The brake line came powder coated silver.the powder coating cracks and brakes off when you try to bend the lines.so try to get it without any powder coating.I used a NOS tubing bender to bend the lines(like they bend the lines on the intake of a fogger system)I took a metal coat hanger and used it make a pattern of the line.Then bent up the 3/16 brake line like my pattern.cleaned off the powder coating flared them and put them on the car.Be sure and use a good flaring tool!!! hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Brake Lines On BMR K Member