Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering kit question.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering kit question.

i have an eibach 1.5 progressive rate lowering kit (springs) on my car and it lowered the car in the front way too much like 3 inches instead of the 1.5. i had to put spring spacers in the springs just so it would sit right so i wasnt hitting tires in the fenders. now my car is really bouncy like my shocks are bad. they may be bad but i was trying to figure out if the lowering kit has something to do with it. also i bought the kit used and i am nott too sure if they were for a v6 or a v8. would this make a difference in the weight of the motor. and thats the reason why its so bouncy. the springs are almost compressed together.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by antsls1
i have an eibach 1.5 progressive rate lowering kit (springs) on my car and it lowered the car in the front way too much like 3 inches instead of the 1.5. i had to put spring spacers in the springs just so it would sit right so i wasnt hitting tires in the fenders. now my car is really bouncy like my shocks are bad. they may be bad but i was trying to figure out if the lowering kit has something to do with it. also i bought the kit used and i am nott too sure if they were for a v6 or a v8. would this make a difference in the weight of the motor. and thats the reason why its so bouncy. the springs are almost compressed together.
You should definitely not be buying springs if you don't know if they are the V8 or V6 kit. Sounds like there is something wrong with the springs if they really lowered the front 3", even with the slightly softer rate of the V6 prokit (only a 50lbs/in difference in front) it shouldn't cause the car to lower another 1.5" over what its supposed to.
As far as the "bouncy ride", you are discovering what lack of shock rebound does to a car. The stock shocks, whether they are brand new or not, are crap for the stock springs, none the less lower, stiffer springs. If you want to get a better ride you need quality shocks that can take the increased rate and less travel which means something like KYB or Konis. You may also want better springs...