Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspention Q's (STB SFC and LCA)

Old 03-29-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suspention Q's (STB SFC and LCA)

Ok so I'm looking to do a little suspension upgrades. What is the best option for a STB? I will be only going with a two point bar. I was thinking BMR but I realized UMI makes a chromeoly one for about the same price. I saw an adjustable one once. What are the gains with that? Also I was thinking of LCA's. What are you guys using and what do you guys like. Also what is the gain with an adjustable set? And finally sub frame connectors. What do you guys think is the best out there. What are the difference in the companies? Also boxed or tubed for the SFC and the LCA's?

Thanks
A. Raber
Old 03-29-2009, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

i had a bmr stb that i liked and i think spohn has an adjustable stb. I like my non-adjust BMR lcas but im sure theyre all gonna be about the same. Adjustable LCAs allow you to center the rear in the wheel wells. Most get them when running a tall tire or aftermarket rear. I have boxed SFCs that i have yet to install but from what ive seen the tubulars tuck up a little higher than the boxed with the boxed being a little beefier/stronger.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:46 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A few suggestions for you!

Hello
Thanks for your interest in UMI Performance! We do offer a non chrome-moly and a chrome-moly Strut Tower Brace. And when it comes to tubular or boxes SFC's Tubular are a little more cheaper and lighter but just as strong as the boxed. Below is a few links to show you what we have to offer!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=119

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=129

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 03-30-2009, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only real advantage of the chromoly STB is weight. regular steel is more than strong enough, there isn't THAT much stress put on the STB to begin with. honestly probably not even something you'd feel.
but i like the idea of having it there, a little strength never hurts, it looks good, and makes for a handy place to hold while you work on the engine

biggest thing with LCA is the style of bushing. i like the poly/rubber versions i got from BMR. offer a little more flex, but still MUCH stiffer (both bushings and the arms themselves) than stock. i noticed a significant increase in how solid the rear felt under load.

SFC the boxed are stronger, tubular are lighter.

BOTH are a good upgrade.

my BMR boxed units tuck up pretty well. they say you lose some clearance, but honestly, my exhaust and other pieces under the car were lower. i have pics of my install on the rack on page 3 of my website...in the signature.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Suspention Q's (STB SFC and LCA)