Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

KW coilovers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default KW coilovers...

anyone have them on their fbody?

my buddy has them on his GTO, made a hell of a difference...i see there definetly available for f cars, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone on here mention any experience with them on an Fbody

thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 12:15 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 132 Likes on 86 Posts

I sell KW.... They are more tham most want to spend. I don't believe the spring rates are quite right either. But I have them for those that are really desiring a ready-made set of coil-overs (though the rears are technically weight jackers, not coil over shock type).

I don't hate the KW's, but I do think it best we change spring rates vs. what them come with. If you are interested, let me know.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I sell KW.... They are more tham most want to spend. I don't believe the spring rates are quite right either. But I have them for those that are really desiring a ready-made set of coil-overs (though the rears are technically weight jackers, not coil over shock type).

I don't hate the KW's, but I do think it best we change spring rates vs. what them come with. If you are interested, let me know.
If the KW's are setup properly, how do they compare to a set of your springs and some Koni's?

Most everyone i know with 'coilovers' have set them once, and never wanted to deal with it again so obviously if i can save some money and get similar results with your setup i'd rather do that!

Anymore information than what i already searched for AFTER i made this thread would be appreciated! thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

^ I bet I know what Sam's respnse will be
Old 03-30-2009, 04:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

If you set coil-overs at the same height and run the same rates, there is no difference on the spring side. You buy coil-overs to adjust spring rates and/or ride height. I personally feel the Koni's dampers are a bit better than the KW's dampers are. I could use the KW's on my Camaro in the class it's setup for, but I don't.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-30-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Indirectly he is saying "just get the Koni's"..
Old 03-30-2009, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Pretty much supports what i thought, makes sense to me...thanks guys

Sam i'll be ordering the UMI/Strano package soon, also buying a rear, wanna do it all at once....can't wait!
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just a heads-up regarding availability. I'm so busy that I've not been able to keep others supplied on my springs and bars because I need them all to fill my orders. In fact of the springs coming in some 62% are, as of this moment already sold, and I sold out of the run of bars already.

I need to supply my direct customers first and foremost and allow UMI and FastToys to sell my products as a courtesy (and I'm glad they want to use them). I also sell all of UMI's products and it's much easier for me to get product from them than it is for me to supply them at this point in time. Either way both Strano Performance and UMI make sales. I'm just trying to make you aware that I can only fill wholesale orders with what's left after filling my retail orders, and that's not be been much because the springs and bars are so in demand.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Just a heads-up regarding availability. I'm so busy that I've not been able to keep others supplied on my springs and bars because I need them all to fill my orders. In fact of the springs coming in some 62% are, as of this moment already sold, and I sold out of the run of bars already.

I need to supply my direct customers first and foremost and allow UMI and FastToys to sell my products as a courtesy (and I'm glad they want to use them). I also sell all of UMI's products and it's much easier for me to get product from them than it is for me to supply them at this point in time. Either way both Strano Performance and UMI make sales. I'm just trying to make you aware that I can only fill wholesale orders with what's left after filling my retail orders, and that's not be been much because the springs and bars are so in demand.
thats cool i'll give you a call when i'm ready to buy...thanks again

Quick Reply: KW coilovers...