Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

TSP dual guys with Adj Tq arms chime in!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:47 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP dual guys with Adj Tq arms chime in!!

i am looking to get an adjustable tq arm for my 2000 z28, and i know that certain ones work with certain exhausts. so what would be the best one to work with my tsp 3 inch duals without banging or rubbing too much? i want to get one that has the driveshaft loop built in as well, as the car will later be fast enough to need it, and would rather just do it once and right.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Launching!

good luck, only the umi transmission mount one supposidly fits, i've been wanting to get a body mount one but they say it doesn't fit so i'm going to get one anyway and adjust/notch the exhaust if i can.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Torque Arm

Hello
When running true duels you will have a clearance issue with the tunnel brace of the torque arm! What we recommend is using a stock length adjustable and relocation bracket(but they don't have a built in loop) But we will have a DS loop available later in the year if you want to check back for these types of situations. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help! Below is a few examples of what I am explaining.

http://umiperformance.com/2205?category_id=130
http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=131

Thanks
Brad
Old 04-01-2009, 07:52 AM
12 Second Club

thanks for the quick replies, it just sucks there are so many limitations to running a dual setup on an f-body

btw, Brad, i made a seperate thread about this, but its further down the page and dont think anyone saw it, but the bracket that mounts the tq arm to the transmission (stock) is that the same on a4's and m6's? because mine went out the window and i cant find it in stock anywhere and my friend has one from an a4, but its over an hour drive with a busted tq arm just to get out there and see if its the right part. so if you know offhand, i would appreciate the input
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Hello
Unfortunately the A 4 is shorter and the M6 be I think a 2 inch difference. If you have any other question feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 04-01-2009, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

thanks brad, i already found that out, but i appreciate the quick replies!

Quick Reply: TSP dual guys with Adj Tq arms chime in!!