Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

installing lca bushings?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installing lca bushings?

I never done lca bushings how hard is it? Is their any wright up?
Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am assuming your referring to the front LCA's? If so it's not too bad, and the rears are even easier.

I actually use a ball joint installation/removal tool to press the bushings in and out of the control arms. You can rent one from Autozone, Murry's etc. Just make sure you get the kit with the million spacers vs. the one with only 4 spacers.

Also, before pressing out the rear bushing on the front lower control arm (i.e. the caster bushing) make sure you measure how far in it is pressed and press the new one in the exact same distance. It is not supposed to be pressed in to the "stop" it's about 1/2 way in.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

No he is actually looking to swap in some moogs in the rear LCA's. There use to be a wright up but I can't find it anymore. Did they screw up the search on here cause it's seeming more useless than it use to be.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

did a write up on the rears and it's posted over on my website. Yea, it's for energy suspension bushings, but the steps are the same: http://www.mlsmotorracing.com/MLS_Mo...velopment.html
Old 04-08-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Haha, that was the one I was looking for. Great wright up. Just for reference to the OP it's listed under trailing arms on that site.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Launching!

thanks guys.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tpunk
Haha, that was the one I was looking for. Great wright up. Just for reference to the OP it's listed under trailing arms on that site.
Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
did a write up on the rears and it's posted over on my website. Yea, it's for energy suspension bushings, but the steps are the same: http://www.mlsmotorracing.com/MLS_Mo...velopment.html
help! i go to your page see the link but it dont work!! can someone try the link and see if it works for you anybody?
Old 04-08-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tpunk
That's because that's what they are called, trailing arms. Control arms typically mount to the body/frame in two locations and stick out relatively perpendicular to the centerline of the vehicle. Trailing arms usually only mount to the frame/body in one location and are roughly parallel to the centerline of the vehicle.

The file is a .pdf. You need adobe acrobat to read it. The reader is free thru adobe.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

your gonna notice a world of a difference when you get those bad boys in. good luck.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
That's because that's what they are called, trailing arms. Control arms typically mount to the body/frame in two locations and stick out relatively perpendicular to the centerline of the vehicle. Trailing arms usually only mount to the frame/body in one location and are roughly parallel to the centerline of the vehicle.

The file is a .pdf. You need adobe acrobat to read it. The reader is free thru adobe.
I didn't say your were wrong
Old 04-10-2009, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the PDF, I used it saturday when I installed new moogs in my LCA's, on each side, one of the stockers I could push the internal rubber out with my fingers, they were that bad with 110K on them.

Unfortunately, It was raining saturday night when I drove the car after the install, so I could just tell it was quieter and seemed to handle bumps better, I could not test any turning without fear of the rearend sliding out on the wet roads.

Ryan

Quick Reply: installing lca bushings?