Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR or UMI

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR or UMI

I have a few questions concerning K-members and Front Lower A-Arms.

Is there any differences between the two worth choosing between or is it all brand loyalty? Should a guy just get the best price of either and go from there or is there actual benefits to either make?

What about mix matching? Could I hook up UMI lower A-Arms to a BMR K-member? I can't see why not since everything should be universal so that it fits with factory components.

K-member question, there are two types that I'm interested in; a) Regular or b) Regular with motor mounts. If I were buy (a) where to do the factory motor mounts attatch to the k-member? Is there any weight savings from going with (b)? And finally is there any disadvantages of going with (b) such as alot more vibration coming through the chassis?

thanks in advance everyone.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UMI all the way..I'm sure Ryan from UMI will respond to this thread with feedback. I've done pretty much everything suspension wise other then the K-Member. I can tell you out of every UMI piece I've bought and installed there hasn't been one single fitment issue or problem. Quality product!
Old 04-09-2009, 08:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sure I won't hear a single bad thing about BMR or UMI lol I'm hoping to hear about this...
Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Basically its gonna come down to brand loyalty. With that said you cant go wrong with either company. And since both k members will accept stock a-arms and both companies a-arms will be accepted by the stock k member, that means they are interchangeable with one another. Oh and the umi and bmr has integrated motor mounts so all you will hafta use is your stock clamshells. As a matter of personal opinion, i would go with the umi k member because it is IMO stronger due to the two cross tubes. So when i go to buy one thats the one i will go with.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

X2 on the brand loyalty, and umi gets my vote. Just got my subframes from them and hoping to put them in this weekend. Great products.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:41 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello, as others have stated the stock a arms will work with our k member. Our k members are constructed from 1 5/8" x.120 and 1 1/4" x .095 wall dom steel tubing. This makes our k member 7.5 lbs lighter than the competition and with several thousand on the road strength is not an issue. These k members are well suited for everyday use, drag racing, or road racing. Combined with our upper and lower a arms you can save over 42lbs. All you need to use is the clamshell that bolts to your block and your factory hardware. If you have any questions please give me a call.
Attached Thumbnails BMR or UMI-fep004-small.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in our products and thanks to everyone for the kind words

Our K-member was designed to with-stand both street driving and racing applications. The dual tube center section adds additional strength is areas we feel it was needed. The K-member features integrated motor mounts and all you need is the rubber mounts and clamshells from your car.. they bolt right in. Our K-member also features additional A-Arm adjustment over the stock K-member for alignment purposes. There is no problem mix matching items either, our components will work with both the stock items and most competitors products.

I posted a newer picture of our LS1 K-member below. We also offer front end kits seen here- http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=137 and plenty of installation pictures seen here- www.umiperformance.com/2320

If you have any additional questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Attached Thumbnails BMR or UMI-2320.jpg  
Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

they both make great products,good luck

Quick Reply: BMR or UMI