Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Springs

I am looking to lower my hawk about 1 inch and I want to maintain the stock smooth ride. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by MB Hawk
I am looking to lower my hawk about 1 inch and I want to maintain the stock smooth ride. Any suggestions?

Thanks

We have our new design springs that will lower it 1.25". They maintain the same good ride quality of our older design but have the extra 1/4" drop. If you have any questions give me a call.
Attached Thumbnails Springs-sp001_new.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MB Hawk

Thanks
The key here is getting the right shocks, and the right height and spring rate. No matter what spring you go with if you are on the stock Decarbon shocks ride quality will become more harsh when lowered. Do a search first and then come back with any questions you couldn't find.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:37 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Allow me to be blunt. Lowering a car lessens available wheel travel, it also dictates more spring rate be used. Both those things will firm up the ride, period--not matter how anyone spins is.

It's true that some springs ride better than others, and that's one reason I neither slam the car, or run any more rear rate than is necessary (150 lbs/in) IMO.

As is usual JD_AMG is right, the shocks matter. Stock the car has much worse impact harshness than it does when you just swap to a set of Bilstein or Koni's. And when good shocks are used even with lowering springs (appropriate ones) the ride to many is better than stock. I'd call it less harsh so better that way, but it's not softer than stock.... in fact you feel the car is more tight and tied down, more taut. But not softer.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Springs