Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sjm abs delete?

Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Sjm abs delete?

i have a friend parting out his car and he has the ABS delete kit from SJM with the SJM line lock. i was planning on buying this anyways cause im getting a 9" soon. i already have the hurst line lock installed on my car so do i have to use the SJM or will the ABS delete not work unless with the SJM line lock?

thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 11:22 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are specific design to the solenoids used. If it was setup originally for our LL solenoid, you can probably get it to work for your Hurst, but the lines will not lead to the solenoid the same.

Since you have a Hurst solenoid, realistically the Hurst line configuration we offer would be optimum. You'll need to pick up a few new fittings as well.

In addition, if you're car had TCS and his didn't the parts will be different.

Good luck!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
They are specific design to the solenoids used. If it was setup originally for our LL solenoid, you can probably get it to work for your Hurst, but the lines will not lead to the solenoid the same.

Since you have a Hurst solenoid, realistically the Hurst line configuration we offer would be optimum. You'll need to pick up a few new fittings as well.

In addition, if you're car had TCS and his didn't the parts will be different.

Good luck!
can i buy everything i need directly from yall so it would take the guess work out of getting fittings and crap? if i can hell i rather just pay regular price and do it that way to take the hassel out of collecting parts.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM
FormerVendor

I'm not sure if you're asking for the fittings you'll need only or the kit? Remember, those lines are not formed correctly for the Hurst solenoid. You could probably bend them some to make it work though.

If you want to keep your Hurst solenoid, you can purchase the base kit ...essentially everything you need for 144.99 to match up to your hurst solenoid. This setup would have correctly formed lines so you can use your Hurst solenoid. It would also include every fitting you'd need....about the only thing you'd need to add would be a double flare tool (if you do not have one).

Give me a call on Monday if you'd like additional help.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 04-18-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Addict

I'm not sure if you're asking for the fittings you'll need only or the kit? Remember, those lines are not formed correctly for the Hurst solenoid. You could probably bend them some to make it work though.

If you want to keep your Hurst solenoid, you can purchase the base kit ...essentially everything you need for 144.99 to match up to your hurst solenoid. This setup would have correctly formed lines so you can use your Hurst solenoid. It would also include every fitting you'd need....about the only thing you'd need to add would be a double flare tool (if you do not have one).

Give me a call on Monday if you'd like additional help.
im needing the whole kit everything i need to make it work with my hurst line lock
Old 04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
FormerVendor

If you already have a double flare tool, you only need the base kit for your Hurst solenoid. The kit would come with every fitting needed and all necessary formed lines. New fittings are also included to be used for your current solenoid.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

If you already have a double flare tool, you only need the base kit for your Hurst solenoid. The kit would come with every fitting needed and all necessary formed lines. New fittings are also included to be used for your current solenoid.
fyi the sae flare tools do not work for **** on the stock lines. not even the rigid 345-dl would work with the stock or aftermarket 3/16 lines. get the tool from sjm or rent the metric one from vautozone.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Sjm I need help. I got your line lock abs delete kit but ordered the wrong kit.4 channel instead of 3. What I need is the line fitting that goes on the factory rear 1/4 in brake line into the outlet of the brake proportioning valve. Can you give me a call at 931_217-0164
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Originally Posted by 408StrokerSS
Sjm I need help. I got your line lock abs delete kit but ordered the wrong kit.4 channel instead of 3. What I need is the line fitting that goes on the factory rear 1/4 in brake line into the outlet of the brake proportioning valve. Can you give me a call at 931_217-0164
It might be easier if you just called them - they probably don't keep an eye on every single thread in here.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:15 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
It might be easier if you just called them - they probably don't keep an eye on every single thread in here.
Thank you.

408StrokerSS, give us a call tomorrow so we can help you with your needs. I'll be available anytime after 10am.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ordered mine yesterday thanks Steve.will order another one as soon as this one get installed.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:25 AM
On The Tree

SJM has awesome customer service! One of the best I have dealt with and there ABS delete is nice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sjm abs delete?