Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Finally installed Koni 4/3s... and WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally installed Koni 4/3s... and WOW!

After some problems (https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-question.html, https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...hock-help.html) I finally got the fronts and rears installed, and what a difference!!! I used the lower perch in the front and did the "hose mod" in the back. I tuned the front ones to the middle stiffness and the rear ones to 1 click from full soft.

I didn't know what to expect really except what people have written on this board, but I made the plunge and bought them from Sam. (Btw, kudos to Sam for talking to me on the phone, giving me some good advice and answering my questions).

All I gotta say is "WOW!" I am way more confident and less afraid of "enjoying" it - it's not as wobbly and shaky as it used to feel. Even pulling out of the driveway I can feel the difference. I've driven it maybe less than 100 miles so far but I definitely feel more in control of it, on any road, but especially in cornering, which is exactly what I was shooting for. I wouldn't say it's "on rails" - it will take a few more upgrades to get it closer to that but already it is a huge huge improvement. Based on how it feels now I'm already considering upping the stiffness to see how much handling improvement I can get (and how much "harsher" the ride will be) - but right now I hardly feel a difference in roughness, which was also something unexpected.

Looking forward to my next upgrade. Hmm...
Old 04-19-2009, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

If you have not done BARS thats the next thing I would go with Get sams front and rear!

Glad your enjoying the KONIS now you now why they get so much good feedback on here

Also look into the double adju panhard bar.....makes the rear end feel a lot more planted and its not too expensive.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

koni's FTMFW
Old 04-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Mat
Launching!

I'll be picking up a set of these!!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The koni's kick ***.What a difference they make.You have to drive an f body with them to understand.Go with the strano hollow sway bar set next.I was in total shock after I installed them.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by coolformula
Also look into the double adju panhard bar.....makes the rear end feel a lot more planted and its not too expensive.
This is true. It made a big difference in the way the rear of my car felt and acted.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm glad you like the shocks... It never fails to make me smile when I hear people's reaction to really good shocks!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Finally installed Koni 4/3s... and WOW!