Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

When should i get an alignment? SFCs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default When should i get an alignment? SFCs?

Hey, so i ordered a new suspension kit off of ebay, inner and outer tie rods, upper and lower ball joints, and sway bar end links. My question is, since i just put on new front shocks, new outer tie rods, and centered my rear end/watts link... I know i should get an alignment soon. However, i will be putting my SFCs on this week. Should i get an alignment before, or after the SFCs? Or does it matter/affect it at all? Thanks
Old 04-20-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, I would get the alignment before, that way the chassis positioning doesn't change after installing the SFC's.
I might be wrong, but my logic says get the alignment before.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The cars suspension is supposed to be loaded whenever installing sfc's. So I don't see it mattering either way.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A few ideas for you!

Originally Posted by Fade2blk500
The cars suspension is supposed to be loaded whenever installing sfc's. So I don't see it mattering either way.
Hes correct! We always recommend when installing SFC"s make sure the suspension is loaded so you don't have any chassis binding problems. And as soon as you get the front suspension on eye it up as close as you can and take it right to the alignment shop! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad