Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Gabriel ultra shocks and BMR springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gabriel ultra shocks and BMR springs

got the shocks awhile back and plan on lowering with bmr springs should they work fine or would they create a problem?

Also all that is needed to lower a camaro is the springs correct? anything else i should get while i am at it?
Old 04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I WAS planning to just run my stock shocks with my Eibach Pro-Kit, but then when we went to install the springs, we DESTROYED the front shocks, so I had to make a qwick trip to AutoZone for shocks and picked up the Gabriel's for like $130 for all 4. They've been on about 1.5 years and they're not that bad. I intend to get the "good" shocks eventually, but it's not unsafe or anything for now.

Springs are all you have to have to lower an F-Body, but LCA relocation brackets, and an Adj. Panhard rod aren't a bad idea to make sure you keep your traction and are able to re-center the rear-end.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like Gabriel Ultras on a regular old boring car, but they are definitely no good for an F-body, especially a lowered one. They're a little bit better than KYB GR2 and Monroe, in my opinion, but that's not saying much.