Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suspension Problem. Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension Problem. Please Help

I recently bought my first LS1 powered car and I've been running into a rear suspension issue. The car has 315/35/17 Mickey Thompson drag radials and as far as I know the shocks and struts are stock. My problem is that whenever I have anyone in the passenger seat the rear tires start rubbing on the wheel-wells when i hit pot holes and such. They hardly ever rub when its just me in the car alone. I'm betting that my suspension is just worn out but I'm not too "mechanically inclined". I'm thinking about putting a stiffer rear shock on the car or maybe some double adjustable ones. If anyone has any suggestions or information on what maybe be causing this issue I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 04-22-2009, 11:44 PM
Teching In

BTW... These are the suspension specs on my car (2002 Camaro Z28) that the previous owner told me about

Suspension:
Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs
Energy suspension poly torque arm mount
UMI Chrome Moly strut tower brace
UMI LCAs w/ UMI LCA relocation brackets
UMI adj. panhard rod
Old 04-23-2009, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

So its lowered, with 315s? How many miles on the shocks? The could be worn i guess, OR you need to get in there with a hammer and beat them fenderwells and possibly roll the fender lips. 315s are known to rub and need a little finesse. I vote beat on **** cuz its fun.