Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Setting up suspension, adj lca, phb, relo brackets

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up suspension, adj lca, phb, relo brackets

Ok so last Saturday I went to carlisle and found the UMI booth. I layed money on the table and said load me up. Enough said.
I got the following:
adj LCA
adj PHB
relo brackets
3 point SFC

I have a few questions.
First off my car is stock springs and shocks. I will not be lowering my car in the near future.

Ok so the relo brackets come with 2 settings. What is the theory behind the two settings? What are the ups and downs of each one?

For adj the LCA what do I can and lose? Is there a proper way to set them up? Where do I take the measurements from?

For the PHB do I just center the rear left to right with the adjustment?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-01-2009, 07:40 AM
TECH Junkie

you'll get better launch traction with the lower mounting bolt. basically it triangulates the axle better and prevents the axle from "wrapping" around under heavy load. for a more street oriented setup, the upper hole is proabaly better.

as for the LCAs...i would set them up to stock length. unless you need to recenter your tires due to running BIG slicks. take the stocker off, measure from hole to hole and adjust your new one to match.

and YES the phb just centers the rear. hang a string with a weight on it off the edge of the fender. measure to the edge of the rim. adjust untill they are equal.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by teke184
you'll get better launch traction with the lower mounting bolt. basically it triangulates the axle better and prevents the axle from "wrapping" around under heavy load. for a more street oriented setup, the upper hole is proabaly better.

as for the LCAs...i would set them up to stock length. unless you need to recenter your tires due to running BIG slicks. take the stocker off, measure from hole to hole and adjust your new one to match.

and YES the phb just centers the rear. hang a string with a weight on it off the edge of the fender. measure to the edge of the rim. adjust untill they are equal.
thanks a bunch.