Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI relocation brackets and a 9 inch

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 10:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI relocation brackets and a 9 inch

I tried searching but i didnt really find any answers. I got a good deal on some bolt on UMI lca relocation brackets, well i wound up getting a car that has a 9 inch under it and the bolt in brackets arent supposed to work with a 9 inch. I was wondering what the point of relocating the shocks mounting point was with the bolt on brackets, and also if i just use a plasma cutter to cut the shock brackets off if they will work on my 9 inch?

here are some pics of what im talking about.

cut this off

So i dont have to relocate this
Old 05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The point is to stop it from swinging back and forth. That is why its there. The weld on brackets dont need it since they are welded at the top and wont swing from pressure.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

Oh i see what you're saying. Does anyone know why it says on UMI's website that the bolt ons wont work with a 9 inch housing? i would weld these after i bolted them in by the way.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
I see that you are asking about the Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets. Some advise when you get the lower control arms in location and the angle set for the control arm to swing into all the settings you will be fine tacking the bracket and cutting of the shock mounting bracket. When it comes to a Moser rear end we offer a Relocation Bracket specifically for the rear and it is a weld on version only. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining. If you have any other problems feel free to ask and I will be glad to help.

http://umiperformance.com/2011?category_id=125

Thanks
Brad

Quick Reply: UMI relocation brackets and a 9 inch