Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Cons of the PHB relocation kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Cons of the PHB relocation kit?

Are there any? If you want to run 3" TDs over that side it's necessary but what are you sacrificing by moving this?
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a lowered car it screws up your roll center even worst, making it handle like poop!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

The panhard bar relocation bracket can effect the handling in a negative way.. this is because it changes the angle of the panhard bar. However based on the pictures of your vehicle and your current modifications you are not going for a handling car. Based on your current set-up I feel you would not notice any negative effects from the relocation kit.

Here is a link to our kit- www.umiperformance.com/2024

If you have any additional questions please ask.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 05-06-2009, 09:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
Are there any? If you want to run 3" TDs over that side it's necessary but what are you sacrificing by moving this?
Hello, just to give you another option. Our relocation kit has been on the market for over five years. As others have stated it does effect your handling if your a corner carver. As far as drag racing or everyday street driving there are no ill effects from doing the relocation. Its an easy install and there is no drilling required. We have the kits in stock and ready to ship and they are available in both red and black hammertone. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
Attached Thumbnails Cons of the PHB relocation kit?-upperphr-thumb.jpg   Cons of the PHB relocation kit?-install1-thumb.jpg   Cons of the PHB relocation kit?-install2-thumb.jpg  
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

Well I'm not all about drag racing..... I like for my car to handle decently as well. I guess this bar is just not for me then. 2.5" duals will have to do. Now onto the swaybar question. What's best for street/strip/twisties combined?
Old 05-06-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A lot of drivers use the stock sway bars for drag, track days and autocross, they are realy not that bad, Invest in a set of 4/4 Koni's and a set of the new BMR lowering springs that's were you feel the greatest improvment.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Launching!

get a watts link and be done with the panhard bar for good
Old 05-07-2009, 01:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by toadzq8
A lot of drivers use the stock sway bars for drag, track days and autocross, they are realy not that bad, Invest in a set of 4/4 Koni's and a set of the new BMR lowering springs that's were you feel the greatest improvment.
I have BMR lowering springs already with a set of Bilstein shocks/struts; BMR LCA relocation brackets; custom LCAs; UMI adj pan hard bar; and UMI trans mounted adj TA. I was thinking of going with a 22mm rear sway bar but wasn't sure if that will be beneficial for my all around driver.

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
get a watts link and be done with the panhard bar for good
I wish, got about $700 I can borrow???? lol
Old 05-07-2009, 06:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

With what you have done all ready I don't think you would even feel much if any difference just relacing the rear with a 22mm, save up your money for the koni's or a set of Nitto's NT-05's
Old 05-07-2009, 05:38 PM
Launching!

I have BMR lowering springs already with a set of Bilstein shocks/struts; BMR LCA relocation brackets; custom LCAs; UMI adj pan hard bar; and UMI trans mounted adj TA. I was thinking of going with a 22mm rear sway bar but wasn't sure if that will be beneficial for my all around driver.

I wish, got about $700 I can borrow???? lol

true, forgot about that part, plus the increased weight probably outweighs any positives if there any at all when it comes to drag racing, (road racing is a completely different story though), one of the nicest camaros around man
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

you have prostars on your car and you are worried about handling?
Old 05-07-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't just up the rear bar, you need the front bar too to balance the car for handling.

I am going with the Strano Bar set when i get the money.

also, koni shocks +1
Old 05-07-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TJ
you have prostars on your car and you are worried about handling?
yeah, because we all know that no one out there has more than one set of wheels that they use for different purposes......

Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's best for street/strip/twisties combined?
the best thing for all that is going to be the watts link, but that does have the downside of price and extra weight....but it should give you the clearance you need for the exhaust, and give you much better handling in the corners, with no ill effect on drag racing other than the extra weight.

a pretty fair tradeoff in my opinion....just save up longer and get the watts link.....that's what i'm doing.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
yeah, because we all know that no one out there has more than one set of wheels that they use for different purposes......

Word.....

the best thing for all that is going to be the watts link, but that does have the downside of price and extra weight....but it should give you the clearance you need for the exhaust, and give you much better handling in the corners, with no ill effect on drag racing other than the extra weight.

a pretty fair tradeoff in my opinion....just save up longer and get the watts link.....that's what i'm doing.
Yeah I may end up just doing the 2.5" duals for now and later on get the watts link. I just don't have the budget for that yet.

Originally Posted by SimRacer1
true, forgot about that part, plus the increased weight probably outweighs any positives if there any at all when it comes to drag racing, (road racing is a completely different story though), one of the nicest camaros around man
Thanks man!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:10 PM
TJ
TECH Junkie

just going by the sig pic......
who cares about different sets of wheels when you can just have different sets of cars.

Quick Reply: Cons of the PHB relocation kit?